New doctor

sheep

I decided to change my Diabetic doctor as i discovered my usual gp ( now he has finished having heart attacks ) is a Diabetologist i figured it is easier to walk round the corner then to drive 40 miles :)

My usual visit to the DB department at the hospital lasts 2-5 mins and runs along the lines of, here are your results do you have questions...no ok bye. He is booked up months ahead and has no very limited time with each patient. I was told definitely T2, no GAD antibodies. So today my new doc had time to put his feet up and have a chat for 20 minutes about how things are going he also actually read through all the notes and test results of the last 18 months. It turns out the GAD test was positive for antibodies after all and with other considerations taken he informed me i'm a T1.5/LADA.
Not sure if i should be annoyed the results were not interpreted sooner, depressed because there is now no hope of coming off insulin in the future or happy that i now know whats what. On a positive note my cholesterol is down from 6.5(HDL 0.7) to 4.1(HDL 1.4).

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Sheep.
Please dont worry or despair over this news we have some Type1.5 /LADA members here.
Plus a couple of the mods are Type 1.5/LADA too ! (smidge and mileana)
Ask anything you feel or wish/need to ...
Am sure they will be along to help and support you.
It is 'new' news you have just recieved and will take a few days to get your
head around things.
It is still the confusion you must feel with the past information you were given...
You're head will be in a whirl at the moment and I do feel for you.
Anna.