New drug - I am scared

Gema

I have been told by the doctor to take a new drug called Trulicity.
I am very scared.
I am worried that it will affect my mental health.
Also I had pancreatitis few years ago is this drug bad

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Trulicity (one of the Glutides) can have a few side effects so Google the web. Several on this forum do use it. If you wish to avoid using it or having only a low dose (check with the GP) you need to maintain a low-carb diet. I'm guessing that you have some excess weight which is why it is usually prescribed? Try to set yourself a daily carb limit of below 150gm/day. Some manage a lot less than that but not easy. Lowering the carbs will reduce both weight and blood sugar and may be all you need without any meds or just the usual Metformin. Talk to the GP if necessary.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very scared.
Hi Gema,

I went over the Dutch leaflet, and it did mention acute pancreatitis, but only very rarely, in one in 1.000 to one in 10.000 patients. Still, if you want to try another way of tackling your diabetes, there's always diet. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might be a place to start. Thing is, high blood sugars feed into depression and anxiety. So if you get your blood sugars down, through diet, Trulicity or whatever other method... The odds are mentally, you'll be better off for it. I know it made a difference for me. I'll always be a wreck, but no longer one that's on fire as well. ;)

Good luck,
Jo

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am very scared.
@Gema have you reminded your doctor that you’ve previously had Pancreatitis as it can be a side effect? If I’m worried about any drugs etc I check with the pharmacist as they are tend to know more about them than the prescribers.