1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

New Fasting Forum

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by bulkbiker, Jun 19, 2016.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. KevinPotts

KevinPotts Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh that's kind. I've decided to do a 7 day fast in three weeks time, so I can log my results there.

My 4 day one last week has really helped with the excesses of my current holiday BG stability:)

DIAGNOSED: 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, BPM 85, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

UPDATE: 16/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 112/68, BPM 6O, 11st 5lbs, waist 30", PWV 7.0. Lifelong migraines and hay fever gone.

Regime: 25g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting, occasionally longer fasts.

3. bulkbiker

Might just join you in that one.. when were you thinking of starting?

4. Robbity

Robbity Type 2 · Expert

There's some very useful and informative fasting threads around, and I was wondering if we could maybe ask the "thread starters" if they'd be happy for them to be moved over here if possible?

Robbity

5. KevinPotts

Starting Sunday 3 July after dinner at 7pm.

Let me know as it would be great to travel together... We could also agree what to test, when to test and bang up our results on here:)

We'd be almost a scientific research group...haha:)

6. KevinPotts

Sounds like a good idea:)

7. bulkbiker

Hmm unfortunately away for some of that week and have got people for dinner so I can't really sit there and eat nothing.. well I could but not a great ad for my cooking... I will watch with much interest and follow up the following week maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bulkbiker

I think that they may already have been Robbity..

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook