New insulin

Ktnotkatie

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
I've recently been diagnosed with type 2 at the start of February.

I'm on 2 metformin in the morning and 2 in the evening and I inject 18 units of humilin I in the evening aswell.

Yesterday I saw a consultant at the hospital that's added another injection in for me to do in the morning. He said he would pass it on to my GP and I can pick it up when I get my letter. The trouble is I can't remember what it was called? It's just one that you would inject once a day in the morning. Anyone any ideas what it would be called? I know I'll know soon enough but I'm nosey and wanted to read more about it.

Thanks
Katie

happydaze

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a guess - could be lantus or levemir as these are prescribed quite frequently for type 2

Best of luck!

Ktnotkatie

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
It wasn't either of those, I would defo know it if I heard it. Thanks so much for the reply though.

Ktnotkatie

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
Nope that wasn't it either. Ha ha! It possibly began with an R?

Ktnotkatie

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe it's not even an Insulin? Because I can't see it anywhere when I type in insulin. Are there other injectable treatments that aren't Insulin?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. That does sound a bit strange? Humulin is, I believe, a mixed insulin you would normally take twice a day. Adding a different once-a-day insulin to your once-a-day Humulin would be a bit unusual but there may be a good reason. May be worth checking with the GP just in case there is any misunderstanding? Yes, Levemir or Lantus are the popular once-a-day insulins referred to as 'Basal' insulin.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you in the UK? There is another inject-able drug that isn't insulin that is given to T2s but for the life of me can't remember its name.

edit: to add I think I was thinking of Byetta

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I use toujeo insulin and novarapid.

Like it's been said so humulin insulin are more familiar as mixed insulin but humulin I seems to be a basal insulin... so novarapid might be needed with your breakfast, although it's normally for all meals.

I hope you find out properly for sure.

Ktnotkatie

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Insulin
@Boo1979 THIS IS IT!!!! thankyou!!!

This diabetes is a minefield I tell u, so many complicated names lol.

Thankyou all for your help in solving the mystery.