NEW T2D. Bad back... is this normal?

oufc1975

Morning all

I was diagnosed with T2D recently and since this have been put on Metformin. Apart from the early jippy tummy everything is ok except i now have back ache either side of the spine from the middle to the lower back, has anyone else had this issue or is it just me!
Thanks

Darran

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Would this pain be in the area of your kidneys?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

I was diagnosed with T2D recently and since this have been put on Metformin. Apart from the early jippy tummy everything is ok except i now have back ache either side of the spine from the middle to the lower back, has anyone else had this issue or is it just me!
Thanks

Darran
Metformin can have an adverse affect on kidneys, so you want to alert your GP about this... Otherwise, have you been put on statins when you were diagnosed? That could also affect your joints and muscles. If you think you can change your diet to low carb/high fat, you would in all likelihood be able to ditch the medication entirely. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/, dietdoctor.com, and this forum's website www.diabetes.co.uk (not . org!) will go into that deeper.

Good luck!
Jo

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Darran, there are people all over the world with bad backs, it could be anything. As others have said it's best to see the Doctor.