Type 2 New to diabetes

Ganire

Hi, what is good to eat throughout the day? Finding it hard as I am new to this.
Would someone be kind enough to respond.
Many thanks. Pete.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have a look at dietdoctor.com. read the link in my signature.

Are you on medication and do you have weight issues?

Reactions: SandManJono

Ganire

Thanks for rest. Yes I’m overweight, but have not started medication as my doctor has given me 2 months to lose some weight before another blood test to see if my blood sugar levels have come down.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If that's your hba1c, it is in the diabetic range. Anything 48 and over is diabetic.

Good news, with the right diet, you will be in normal range lickety split.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
What's your eating preference. I.e. Omnivore, Vegetarian, Vegan. Are you wanting mild, medium or accelarated change to your status.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. That HBa1C reading isn't too bad. Set yourself a daily limit of carbs; perhaps around 150gm/day and see how you go. Carbs are the main source of weight gain and the aim is to move the body towards ketosis (fat-burning) to remove some of the excess fat. For breakfast think eggs and bacon or similar - no cereals or toast. For lunch and dinner just keep the obvious carbs down such as bread, potatoes, rice etc. Proteins and fats are fine. Try to train yourself away from between meal snacks. If you do snack think berries, nuts, cheese, bacon bits and so on. Avoid tropical fruit.