New type 2

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t feed the troll
I'm not sure what you mean by that. IMO we should try to answer the questions people want answered, not the ones we think they ought to have asked. And if we feel annoyed by someone else's views, we have only to go off and participate in another thread that is more to our liking. Goodness knows there are enough interesting discussions going on here for everyone to find one they can enjoy.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I'm not sure what you mean by that. IMO we should try to answer the questions people want answered, not the ones we think they ought to have asked. And if we feel annoyed by someone else's views, we have only to go off and participate in another thread that is more to our liking. Goodness knows there are enough interesting discussions going on here for everyone to find one they can enjoy.

I have read the questions of course I could be wrong and hope I am. But I feel like this could be a bit of a troll

Reactions: Mal37 and dbr10

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have read the questions of course I could be wrong and hope I am. But I feel like this could be a bit of a troll
You feed trolls by getting into arguments with them. Maybe there is a bit of troll in all of us!.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there were so many questions in initial post that the thread veered off in many directions. For an answer specifically about what to eat on no carb, no fat, it might help to start a thread with just that question, to see if there are indeed any people following that diet.

But hopefully the many answers to 'is diabetes a guaranteed sentence for neuropathy/amputations/heart attack' have allayed that worry. Though reading the first post again, if your nurse said that losing weight could stop you being diabetic then I'm totally confused why you'd think it's all guaranteed doom and gloom.

Reactions: dbr10 and Rifkah

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
You will become ill very quickly on a protein only diet. No health care professional would recommend eating that way, unless they were insane. I suspect you may have misunderstood your nurse. You should make another appointment to discuss their dietary recommendations with you. However, to answer the question of what a protein only diet would consist of, the only thing I can think of is protein powder.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have to limit protein to 1g per kg body mas because that turns to sugar in the blood too.

Feel like I'm tearing my hair out here, I need to know what I can eat and some recipes and so on.
I know I'm not allowed to eat vegetables below ground or fruits even tomatoes and peppers.
So just leafy stuf really.
A gram of protein is 4 kcal to 56Kg weight would mean you are eating just 224kcal per day. Well you won't stay 56Kg for long!

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Endogenous lipid metabolism
That doesn't really matter. The burning question is that if you're not having carbs, not having fats and only 70g of protein per day what is your liver meant to be using to metabolise these lipids. Whether the pathway is endogenous or exogenous you can't make something from nothing. This is why we see that somehow the message has been lost or misinterpreted.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Thanks, I read the link. I can't see anything that proscribes a good argument.

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Then try a decent debate... ;)
OK, that's what I assume a good argument to be as opposed to a bad argument. Good arguments can be both stimulating and edifying. For a moment I thought you were suggesting that they stop. Thanks for clearing it up.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Once again, I would like to point out that fats and proteins don't turn into glucose...it helps to have a Libre Flash glucose meter.

19030730_10155495594244445_403684939994575683_n.jpg