New Year resolutions

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought that the 500 had to be an error -
My new year resolution is to do more dancing.

Reactions: OrsonKartt

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I thought that the 500 had to be an error -
My new year resolution is to do more dancing.
You could try dancing to the shop rather than walking.:)

I dance in bed at night annoys the heck out of the wife.:angelic:

When she's trying to read a book on her kindle.

paulins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Feeling I can never eat anything sweet again or anything with carbs. But thought of diabetes complications scares me more so it is a no brainer!
My new year resolution...

Diagnosed 6 years ago. January 2014.
Lost a lot of weight with Newcastle diet.
Learned to run and have done 6-8k six days a week. For six years.
Off diabetes register though still have annual HbA1c and eye test each year. GP insists.
So, ... have kept weight off, do regular exercise and eat low carb with occasional treats.
Plan to stay healthy in 2020. Will take off the 5lbs I have put on and will get to 2021 still as ‘in reversal’. My GP is great. I apparently have a low threshold for diabetes. I won’t go near it again!

Happy New Year to you all! Wishing you a happy and healthy 2020.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My New Year Resolution is to continue campaigning outside of the forum for a radical change to the Eatwell plate, healthier meals in schools and better support for T2 diabetics at my local surgery.

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd like to be stronger this year, with regards to will. Im not too bad on the whole, but getting my HBA1C back down would make me very happy. Maybe running a 10k race too, as its easy on a casual day but never tried an event. Hope you all have a good one! :)

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Happy new year all and several resolutions aka. Promises to make:

- Breaking down is done, time to build back up again so with me keeping to my weight loss last year I’m going back to my heavy body weight exercises or the gym

- Finally get the house finished with the staircase and living room being the last bits and pieces

- Keep in remission, didn’t get naughty over Christmas so I should be able to

- Play Doom Eternal :cat:

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Happy New Year all.... been a while since I posted and thought it was an appropriate time to get back on here..... For the last three years I've been one of those skinny type 2's, albiet one in remission. ....I still test at least once ( usually 3) times a day as it keeps me motivated and I'll try almost anything to try to keep things good. At present I rarely if ever go over 7.5 even after a meal . However I usually wake to a 6 point something and it doesnt drop to mid five until late afternoon/evening . Over the time since DX I've had much lower Fasting levels while eating higher carbs. This thing for me is not a straight line more of a keep your eye on the road journey. Now I'm doing 2 meals per day less than 20 grams of carb daily intake consumed in a 6 hr window. Lots of fish + meat + eggs and a little green veg cheese and nuts. On average I get 10'000 steps in a day plus a bit of cycling. Around 8 hrs sleep per night , 4 of which are deep sleep. - I now take supplements. Vit C, D3, K2, and Berberine. For me its not so much about a new years resolution more about reconfirming a life style which hopefully lasts long and stays well. Best thoughts to all.....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If I were to make a resolution it would be to be the most irritatingly annoying person imaginable, but unfortunately my Grandson has got there before me.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Cross country skiing ... in a VERY VERY small country

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes