Newbie here seeking help, please

Babble

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting thanks, I’ve never heard of Dave Feldman, all I know is my levels haven’t changed in 10 years, so I’ll Google what he’s been up to.

Aylajondy

Hi Aylajondy

I’m exactly like you it seems, have the family curse but don’t need to loose any weight. The above advice is all great.

I had gestational diabetes twice and quickly learnt to ignore all NHS advice regarding diet. Once you have a meter you can pinpoint precisely which foods affect you.

I’m a vegetarian so I find eggs, cheese, cream and above ground veg feature heavily, which is fine with me. My family all eat ‘normally’ and I have found the following helpful and don’t/ affect my bg less, to eat similar meals:

Meat= Quorn
Chips= Swede chopped and roasted / 5 new pots roasted
Rice= frozen cauliflower rice
Mash= celeriac
Puddings= Deliciously Guilt Free pre bought cakes, frozen and used as and when
Custard= Cream
Bread= homemade Spelt/Rye bread
Fruit yoghurts= Full Fat Greek yoghurt
Cheddars\pringles = walkers crisps
Pasta = 3 x Aldi bean pastas
Breakfast cereal = Eat natural low sugar granola
Cornflour = arrowroot flour
Pizza = lo-dough bases

I’m not saying it’s easy but these swaps have helped enormously for me. I regularly have melt downs since I’m the chef and my family aren’t that willing to change their ways and who can blame them they are children! I’d welcome anyone else’s suggestions!
Hi again, can you please tell me where you get the lo-dough bases for pizzas and also what do you mean by 3 x Aldi bean pastas? are there 3 different kinds. Do you have any other suggestions to substitute rice as I tried the cauliflower rice but I hated it. THank you so much xx

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
This isn't true, Dave Feldman has done hundreds of 6 day demonstration of how he can make his LDL cycle from low to high and back again just by (dramatically) changing the ratio of carbs to fats in his food - it only takes him 3 days to get a 30% difference.
WOW! This sounds so interesting @ianf0ster

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Hi again, can you please tell me where you get the lo-dough bases for pizzas and also what do you mean by 3 x Aldi bean pastas? are there 3 different kinds. Do you have any other suggestions to substitute rice as I tried the cauliflower rice but I hated it. THank you so much xx
Personally I only know of 2 types of low carb bean based pasta from Aldi, but there may be others. Other supermarkets aslo offer alternatives to flour based pasta.
If you don't like Cauliflour rice then you probably wouldn't like brocoli rice either (which is the only other really low carb alternative I know of, however there may be other grains which have fewer carbs (or a lower Glycemic Index) than white rice. Sources quote sometimes wildly different values, but I thing both 'Wild Rice' and Bulgur ( I don't use either of them) are quite a bit lower in carbs than either white or brown rice. But check for yourself !

Babble

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi I buy the lo- dough from Amazon. I crisp up the base in a frying pan first , otherwise it can get a bit soggy. There are three different types of bean pastas in Aldi, black bean spaghetti, edamame Mung bean fettuccine and Soy Bean Spaghetti. They can be found online on the Aldi website under ‘The Foodie Market’ brand.