Newbie introducing myself

Nenah

Hello :)...wanted to say hi, not sure this is the right bit,not that used to forums so been having a lil wander round for a couple of days & it's so nice to find other people with RH.

I was given the impression at official diagnosis last Aug that I was not a proper endocrinology case let alone related to diabetes-which I could not understand...my Mum virtually made me sign up, so pleased she did!

I'll be honest I have so many questions and I'm very good at overwhelming myself in the desire to learn & adapt instantly. I also have some other long term health challenges which can be rather fun balencing especially while so feeling very much on a learning curve which just keeps curving. I'm not sure if it's because it was last on the list but the RH seems to have had the biggest impact thru my whole life, most surprising on my pain management strategies.

I have a million questions& reading I feel like I've found a few missing puzzel pieces to read&get to grops with but at the moment what's driving me most crazy is the affect a depot steroid injection I had last week is having-slow release 2-3 months. They always have but boy is it even more obvious since my bs have been more settled etc.

So that's a lil of me and my lil roller coaster.

Nenah

Reactions: 2 people

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Nenah,
If you have R.H. your in right area to get help.
I had R.H. for many years and stopped it dead in its tracks by going on the Low carb high fat diet last september.
In fact LCHF is more vital if you are R.H. even if some with R.H. are not classed as Type 2 diabetic.

Nosher and Brunneria are well versed in this field and will be along to help later.
If you have not done so already I would read through some of the threads in this section of the forum.
regards
Derek

Hello :)...wanted to say hi, not sure this is the right bit,not that used to forums so been having a lil wander round for a couple of days & it's so nice to find other people with RH.

I was given the impression at official diagnosis last Aug that I was not a proper endocrinology case let alone related to diabetes-which I could not understand...my Mum virtually made me sign up, so pleased she did!

I'll be honest I have so many questions and I'm very good at overwhelming myself in the desire to learn & adapt instantly. I also have some other long term health challenges which can be rather fun balencing especially while so feeling very much on a learning curve which just keeps curving. I'm not sure if it's because it was last on the list but the RH seems to have had the biggest impact thru my whole life, most surprising on my pain management strategies.

I have a million questions& reading I feel like I've found a few missing puzzel pieces to read&get to grops with but at the moment what's driving me most crazy is the affect a depot steroid injection I had last week is having-slow release 2-3 months. They always have but boy is it even more obvious since my bs have been more settled etc.

Nenah

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Nenah

Hi @Naneh
Welcome to our forum,
Please have a good read and try to understand what RH can do to you.
Like every other RH er, we are all unique, weird and have food issues.
Most but not all have complications with their RH.
Symptoms are wide ranging and how we address the symptoms may seem a little extreme but it works for most of us.
Good control of our blood glucose levels are key to a better life.
Hope you enjoy our forum.
Ask away, the more the better.

If you haven't read the sticky for beginners do so, it's the second on our forum.
If you can't see it, @Brunneria will give you the link

Again, welcome.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Beat me to it, Derek!
You ok, mate?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Fine Nosher, just trying to get my VIT D up but can't find any warm sunshine! :) ;)

What is warm?
What is sunshine?
Where is the real spring?
So fed up of being cold and not getting my vit d!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
It's lovely and sunny, here in Cambridge and the temperature is hopefully continuing to climb this next few days.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's sunny here but the wind is freezing!
Nice to see the sun tho!