Jackie.C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I got diagnosed last week as type 2. Taking baby steps to get used to the new regime.
20221209_145444.jpg

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
HI @Jackie.C and welcome to the fprums.

Can I ask what sort of regime you are following? Many of the T2s on here find great success by lowering the carbohydrate in their diets but the advice from GPs and diabetic nurses can be very variable. Also, do you know what your hba1c was on diagnosis? (This measures how high your blood sugar has been over the last 3 months and if it is 48 or more you get a diabetic diagnosis).

It's pretty quiet now as most of our UK members are asleep so I thought I'd give you a welcome from a T1 in New Zealand.

I'm sure some T2s will be along before too long to give you a welcome and some T2 specific advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @Jackie.C ,

Sorry about the diagnosis. If you could answer Ellie's questions, that'd be fab, because that could help us answer some of yours, that you may have. https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might clarify some things in the meantime. Take a deep breath, and know this: Many of us have had that first period after diagnosis and felt absolutely overwhelmed. And many of us managed to get back into the normal range. You've got this, though it may not feel like it yet. But you will, eventually.

Hugs,
Jo

Reactions: EllieM and Antje77