Newcastle diet in response to new diagnosis

Defren

No problem. I really do like to see people be proactive in their own diabetes management, and will support those who are, in whatever way. Obviously because I did the ND I have a real interest in how others get on with it.

Keep up the good work, I KNOW just how hard this can be, so really am impressed with your courage while you have so many other issues.

Jo.

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Thanks Defren, basically what choice do we have... well, IF we want to try for a beter life... gotta keep keeping on lol

Anyway, just a small update after I have eaten a stir fry this evening.

Stir fry consisted of 5 king size prawns, some yellow pepper, baby aubergines, 1 courgette, 2 small whole pak choi's, lots of lime juice, 1 full block of frozen garlic, lots of chilli flakes, splash of light soy sauce and a full bag of shirataki noodles.

pre meal reading of 7.7, 2 hours after 6.3...which also happens to be my lowest ever reading. No idea how that happened but I am definitely not complaining lol

Defren

That's brilliant. I had that happen some times too, and like you, no idea how or why, but I was thrilled. Congratulations on a new low, each time we hit a 'personal best' it feels like a real major achievement, and so it is. I am really pleased for you.

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
i am ecstatic, numbers are not too far away from normal levels (post meal numbers anyway) so can finally see some results.

couple of weeks time i might have normal pre-meal numbers...fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I know I keep saying it but it is really cool you keep saying well done and encouraging me etc, thank you, you're a belter :thumbup:

Fraddycat

Hi Dazzer well done you! Its great to see that you are doing so well! 6.3 is a great reading, I rarely get below that. How is your weight loss going? I am sure you must be doing really well also! Best wishes Jane

dazzer1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People mainly.
Hi Fraddycat,

thank you, yes 6.3 blew me away, I am used to seeing 7's and 8's now but to get it down to a low 6 was awesome. I will sound like I am never satisifed but I would like to see it in the 4's and 5's but maybe as I drop more weight that will come. Speaking of which I lost 5.5 lb this week (weigh on mondays) but unsure what will be the case this week as I feel that I am eating more although I have upped the cals from what i was having I am still well within an 800 calorie limit, infact I've only reached 800 cals once this week, so even though is still low cal, I have increased them so we will see.

I was feeling pretty ill for a while, combination, of getting used to the metformin, constipation and muscle aches and pains but starting to perk up a bit now hence the switch to food really as I was a bit worried the extreme restriction was taking its toll. Now i have recovered a bit I may hit the shakes and bars again for a week just to keep it ticking over

Fraddycat

Great weightloss Dazzer! well done, your persistence and determination is paying off!! I'm sure at times it must feel relentless but you have to keep plugging away, you are improving your health and reducing risks of complications every day!!

Defren

dazzer1975 said:
i am ecstatic, numbers are not too far away from normal levels (post meal numbers anyway) so can finally see some results.

couple of weeks time i might have normal pre-meal numbers...fingers crossed.

Thanks again, I know I keep saying it but it is really cool you keep saying well done and encouraging me etc, thank you, you're a belter :thumbup:

:oops: Now look what you've done :lol: No problem, because I did the ND and so know what it feels like, I will always fully support anyone who tries it. I think it's a brilliant way to help get the pounds off, but more importantly [for me] keep the BG low.

Don't worry about 4's and 5's they will come, I know how you feel though, every 4 was a major achievement no matter how many I have. Even now where my BG has happily settled into almost all 5's a four is still reason to celebrate. :thumbup: