Newcastle study- old guinea pig

minn

Sorry for the delay in updating - life gets in the way of these things at times. To answer that question, which I didn't see til I looked at the forum today to update, I was doing 2 Pilates sessions and 2 swimming sessions of 800m on a good week - one of each on a bad week and none at all in the school holidays when the pool and gym are overrun with extra people. Had to give up Zumba because of knee problems.
Unfortunately a knee injury and the summer holidays derailed the exercise in September but I hope to get back to it after Christmas- particularly the pool because it's easier on the knees. No time at the moment.

The update is that my blood test results haven't altered in 5 years which is good. I still stay low carb in the week and eat what I want at weekends and holidays - the last 12 months were especially stressful for a number of reasons and the weight piled back on because I wasn't really thinking about food - a lot on my mind. I've managed to lose all that since October and am back where I was when I last posted. A blip on the BP(high) last winter has sorted itself out now so I'm back on an even keel. Still no meds for the diabetes.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for the delay in updating - life gets in the way of these things at times. To answer that question, which I didn't see til I looked at the forum today to update, I was doing 2 Pilates sessions and 2 swimming sessions of 800m on a good week - one of each on a bad week and none at all in the school holidays when the pool and gym are overrun with extra people. Had to give up Zumba because of knee problems.
Unfortunately a knee injury and the summer holidays derailed the exercise in September but I hope to get back to it after Christmas- particularly the pool because it's easier on the knees. No time at the moment.

The update is that my blood test results haven't altered in 5 years which is good. I still stay low carb in the week and eat what I want at weekends and holidays - the last 12 months were especially stressful for a number of reasons and the weight piled back on because I wasn't really thinking about food - a lot on my mind. I've managed to lose all that since October and am back where I was when I last posted. A blip on the BP(high) last winter has sorted itself out now so I'm back on an even keel. Still no meds for the diabetes.

@minn - May I ask what your blood results have been like; for example what have your last couple of HbA1cs been?

Fantastic to hear things have gone so well for you over the longer term, despite life trying to muscle in on the good work.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Excellent result, very pleased it is working out well.

minn

I can't really wrap my head around the HbA1c - my GP can but can't remember how to relate it to the old system. It's been between 47 and 51 the last few times which she says is in line with the old results. She seems to think that consistent results are a good thing - no big fluctuations.

minn

Hit the wrong button - no big fluctuations despite a weight gain and then loss of a stone in a 6 month period which suggests that as long as you don't let the weight hang around too long it doesn't pack in around the pancreas and undo the good work.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hit the wrong button - no big fluctuations despite a weight gain and then loss of a stone in a 6 month period which suggests that as long as you don't let the weight hang around too long it doesn't pack in around the pancreas and undo the good work.

Thanks for taking the time to update. :)