Newish diagnosis

Honeyblossom

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everyone, I was newly diagnosed as type 2 in Feb 2020. Thanks to you all on this site I was able to pick up tips right from the beginning so hba1c 54 in Jan 20, 47 in Feb, 40 in April. As I am small current bmi 21 (23 in Jan) I've never had to worry too much about weight and so never realised importance of cutting back high carb particularly bread, pasta etc and never thought diabetes would be an issue for me but here I am! So I'm grateful for all your tips esp blood testing it's made a massive difference. Morning readings seem to be high despite the work. They were in the 6's but this last week more 7's, any tips? Also to try and push my numbers down a little bit more as they stagnated now although I am really pleased with progress so far!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Keep going with the low-carb and you should be fine. Metformin tablets could be added by the GP if needed.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everyone, I was newly diagnosed as type 2 in Feb 2020. Thanks to you all on this site I was able to pick up tips right from the beginning so hba1c 54 in Jan 20, 47 in Feb, 40 in April. As I am small current bmi 21 (23 in Jan) I've never had to worry too much about weight and so never realised importance of cutting back high carb particularly bread, pasta etc and never thought diabetes would be an issue for me but here I am! So I'm grateful for all your tips esp blood testing it's made a massive difference. Morning readings seem to be high despite the work. They were in the 6's but this last week more 7's, any tips? Also to try and push my numbers down a little bit more as they stagnated now although I am really pleased with progress so far!
Fasting's the last to come down, and a bunch of other things can affect it, like waking a few times or a generally restless sleep. For me, especially vivid nightmares too. I haven't tested my fasting BS first thing in the morning for a while now, but if I go without eating till one in the afternoon or so, I'll see a 6.-something-or-other. That's not a bad thing, per se: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fasting-blood-glucose-higher The rest of the day I'm seeing 4's and 5's. And I'm almost 4 years in now.