Newly diagnosed Hba1c Prediabetes

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It will be one of the best investments you will ever make. Use it wisely and you’ll not regret it.

Reactions: DaveH2

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My doctor has just flat refused to prescribe me the strips and lances. She said it was totally pointless me measuring my glucose levels because I am prediabetic.

How in the heck am I supposed to know if the steps I am taking are making a difference to my levels if I don't measure them?

Ho hum, I'll just have to buy them :)
My doc was all for self-testing, but couldn't fund me a single strip. *shrug*. I just tested a lot in the beginning to figure out what foods did, and after a while, you know what you can eat without a spike and what you can't. These days I only test when I feel off or something's going on, like a flu or steroid jab, or dinner at a place I'm not familliar with. The meters aren't expensive, the strips are though. Well worth it, in my opinion. ;) As for it not being worth it because you're not diabetic yet.... Well, if the strips mean you can remain out of the diabetic range, I'd say that is quite the worthwhile investment to make then, eh! :)