Newly diagnosed on Friday, little to no info from Doctor, is that normal?

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
Hi

I was diagnosed T2 at the end of May and was given no advice by the gp beyond 'make a few small lifestyle changes', discovered this forum and read nearly everything on it and am now in the non-diabetic range.

I followed the low carb and fasting route and weight training 5 times a week. No I'll effects and muscle mass and strength increasing at a decent rate ... on par with training some 20 years previously. I've also lost 4 stone so no complaints!

My advice would definitely be keep up the weights and adopt a low carb diet - they work hand in hand for me.
Thanks Mike, good to know you're in range and the low carb helped. I think I'll be doing the same, low carb, I'll aim for a high protein diet for now and see what the levels are like. I'm back home now so I'll be back in the gym tomorrow and lifting. I'll test before and after to try and get a gauge on the levels and if they're affected. All still so new, so so much to learn/understand..

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You might get an initial rise followed by a drop a little later. Don’t get disheartened by a single post workout reading. Take a series over multiple workouts.

IronLioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Routine
You might get an initial rise followed by a drop a little later. Don’t get disheartened by a single post workout reading. Take a series over multiple workouts.
I'm on the case, I have my BG monitor now, did initial test and was 7.8 and that was without exercise and pre dinner, but after a long drive home. Tomorrow I start checking and testing in earnest. Need to knuckle down and see what works. Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated!