Newly diagnosed

Element137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning all before breakfast 6.9 2 hours after weetabux 10.5 so they are going. 6.5 before lunch chicken and veg then sugar free jelly 2 hours later 5.5 xx
Great stuff - you are getting the hang of it - this is exactly why eating to your meter is so important - you are already in such a short time making informed decisions - the results speak for themselves - keep it up - you are doing really well - keep us posted - we have all been through this and are here to help you.

Reactions: woodywhippet61

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Eat some carbs. Have you got any juice or sweets or honey? If so drink or eat some. Honey rubbed onto gums.

Then test to see what effect it has. You need to get your bg levels up.

woodywhippet61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You take Gliclazide don't you? I take no meds at all so I can rely on my liver to help me out if I go low. i.e. it's dumps glucose into my body so I don't get hypos. But I have a type 1 friend who does.

I don't know anything about Gliclazide or how it works in your body. You must take it's effect into account when you are choosing foods to eat. Lally123 gave you advice a few days ago about using Glic and it's effects on food. I'm going to tag them into this thread @Lally123 (sorry Lally I hope that you don't mind I know that you tried to give advice before).

Secondly
If you get hypo's you must keep something with you that can bring you out of them i.e. glucose tablets, hypostop gel, or sweets that are easily carried with you. Basically anything that can get sugar into your blood stream quickly. At home, fruit juice, non diet drinks, honey or just plain sugar water.

Sorry I can't help more I hope that you are feeling much better now.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg 2.4 what do I do

Fast acting carbs. Sugar or something sweet. Then something longer acting like a digestive biscuit, bread, glass of milk.

Get the carbs down you now..
The glic in your case has caused a production of insulin from your pancreas which needs treating.

Reactions: woodywhippet61

Tanmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As per doc instructions last.night I took no glic last night or this morning. Tested through the night. I was 8.4 this morning 12 after breakfast and now 7.7 any advice. Doctor said to wait until spoke to diabetic nurse b4 taking glic still waiting for call

Element137

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hang in there - you are having a tough time, you can get this under control - don't be afraid to ask any questions here or with your Doctor - plenty of people who can help and support - it might not seem like it now - but you will get this under control - you are on a very steep learning curve at the moment - and its a lot to take in - but people here can help/support you. Good luck with it all.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As per doc instructions last.night I took no glic last night or this morning. Tested through the night. I was 8.4 this morning 12 after breakfast and now 7.7 any advice. Doctor said to wait until spoke to diabetic nurse b4 taking glic still waiting for call

After a hypo, and with all the stress that caused, you can expect your levels to be higher than they were, with or without the Gliclazide. Your body needs time to recover from that whole experience. Are you still following your low carb plan?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I am, apart from when I shovelled coke and choc into my panicked mouth last night

Coke good in those situations. Chocolate not good as all the fat stops it from releasing glucose quickly. Jelly babies are good, and bananas or pure orange juice.

Keep on with your current way of eating, and hopefully those numbers will drop, but you need to be patient.