Nice low sugars finally

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
so I got a 5.2 just now. All week I’ve been running high. Waking up on 8s or 9s and really only dropping to mid 6 by late afternoon.

Ate breakfast this morning and then did sugars 12.15 and they were in the 7s so didn’t bother with lunch as wasn’t especially hungry.

Had headache all day but it got worse and thought can’t be sugars because it’s impossible for me to go lowish now as no meds.

Got home and poof, 5.2.

I am astounded. Think I’m having a bit of false hypos as been high all week. Was waiting fir today because it’s day 3 of my period and since diagnosis I’ve noticed on day three things drop significantly. And they have done again today.

So fingers crossed they stay low. Feel like death at the mo so eating my sausage but I’m really happy with that. Hopefully things start behaving now.

Reactions: Rachox

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are going high after breakfast then you are eating too many carbs - you probably feel bad later in the day having finally reacted to the carbs and could possibly be going low due to that.
I found that I do best with about 10 gm of carbs at breakfast time, along with protein and fat, and that will keep me going all day, until evening.

Reactions: jjraak

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
If you are going high after breakfast then you are eating too many carbs - you probably feel bad later in the day having finally reacted to the carbs and could possibly be going low due to that.
I found that I do best with about 10 gm of carbs at breakfast time, along with protein and fat, and that will keep me going all day, until evening.
I’m not eating anything different than I did last week when on meds.
I’m waking up higher before I even get out of bed.

Hoping tomorrow it stays lower

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Sorry but your first sentence is not a fact especially when you don't even know what breakfast was. It may well be the case but it could also be down to something else. My Mums glucose levels were up and down all over the place no matter what she did and it used to drive me mad when they automatically assumed 'It's something you did'.

mouseee

My head thumps like im being stabbed in the head when my bs drops fast. I haven't had any hypos (t2 metformin) but having tracked my bs through a couple of headaches it's the fall that makes me feel so bad not the low bs.
Pre dx I was blaming my head on migraines. Now I realise it was my bs and now that's more under control I've had hardly any.

I would definitely reconsider anything that takes me to 12 after breakfast. That's the beginning of bs cliff diving for me!

Reactions: jjraak

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I would definitely reconsider anything that takes me to 12 after breakfast. That's the beginning of bs cliff diving for me!
I think the OP was saying that at 12:15 her BG reading was in the range between 7.0 and 8.0.
Not that it was over 12,0 after breakfast

-But I may be mistaken,

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It's frustrating when you can't pinpoint anything that is causing high blood sugar levels. I certainly find as a person who has difficulty sleeping that a bad night sleep causes higher levels. Also for me stress causes higher levels- very frustrating as I would love to be stress free and sleeping well but can't achieve this

I just keep thinking that if I control what I can (food & exercise) then I am doing all I can to bring the levels down. Hopefully when I eventually lose all the weight I have to lose (probably in a decade at the rate I'm currently going at) that my body will have less access to stored glucose so that will help. I plan (eventually) to do some strength training and hope that that will also help.

I feel your frustration and hope that the levels stay down.