Night Sweats

jaxxmargo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed about 4 month ago with type 2 but been pre-diabetic for 5yrs.......I lived in Spain up until 7months ago so night sweats being hot all the time weren't really noticed but since moving back to UK....I never cold, walk around in just a vest type t-shirt whilst everyone else all bungled up.......the night sweats are terrible can't remember the last time I slept through the night :(......I know I'm not in the menopause as I'm now 61yrs and had a hysterectomy at 34yrs old!!..............I'm not on medication only statins and allopurinol............I'm so glad to read that it isn't just me having this problem...

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
male 72 had night sweats as long as i can remember, type2, sleep clothed now i need carers with 4tog duvet. sleep with heat on to keep bungalow warm but fan going to give me air.i survive.

Tigerkitty1950

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just wondered if any other Type 2's suffer from night sweats.
Virtually everynight for the last 2 months I've been waking up soaked to the skin and having to change the bed covers after drying off.
I havent made any changes to my diet or medication and I have never had a Hypo in my life and oubt I would be going that way as my problem has always been having high reading.

I'm taking Metformin, Ramapril and simvastatin.

Anyone experiance this kind of thing?

Yes I too have night sweats, also on metformin and ramipril, confused as to what the problem is, I was feeling exhausted and made a cup tea, don't normally eat biscuits but had one and started feeling better, read somewhere that it can be lack of vitamin D, especially head. Sweating, it often starts on my forehead if its daytime, also sweating can cause dehydration so I need to drink more,

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don' have night sweats, but I was always warm or sweaty even when it was cold outside. I sit with the door open whilst the wife is wrapped up in the front room with Central heating on.
What I believe maybe the key to your body's unusual sweating is the different phases of your sleep pattern. In one stage the body tries to 'fix' itself. During this the body's temperature does fluctuate. Hence the sweats, or with others always feeling cold. Both have disruptions of sleep. The increase in going in the loo is maybe because of an increase in insulin or your liver dumps, that is why some diabetics get hypos or even the dawn phenomomen.
This is my opinion, most people have night sweats because of menopause. Myself, I used to get nighttime hypos and sleep disruption with the dreams, wow! I still go the loo through the night and can't get a full 8 hours, but I do feel better now. And I've started feeling the cold now'!
Sorry, not very scientific, all based on my experiences.

solitaire

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
miserable moaning people!
Just wondered if any other Type 2's suffer from night sweats.
Virtually everynight for the last 2 months I've been waking up soaked to the skin and having to change the bed covers after drying off.
I havent made any changes to my diet or medication and I have never had a Hypo in my life and oubt I would be going that way as my problem has always been having high reading.

I'm taking Metformin, Ramapril and simvastatin.

Anyone experiance this kind of thing?
Hiya yes this has been going on for a few years BUT I got a new cat from a cat rescue and he kept biting me and would wake me at night by biting my arms if they weren't under the sheets. After a while I started to check my blood sugars and it turns out he was warning me of an imminent Hypo ! When this happens I suck up to 5 dextrose tablets and the problem goes away. My Blood Sugars now regulated

solitaire

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
miserable moaning people!
After I got a new cat (aged about 8 years) from a cat rescue I found he was biting my arms if my arms weren't covered in bed. After a few weeks of this I tested my bloods when he woke me and discovered they were dropping fast. Now if he wakes me I suck dextrose tablets 4 or 5 and when I start to feel better and no night sweats I snuggle back down and go to sleep !! Good old moggy !!