Night time issues

ka3022

Hi,
I am type 2 with Metformin & diet control.

OK during day now (apart from odd sikes).

Nightime is my big problem.

I do not eat after 8pm, go to bed about 11:15, get up about 09:00am
Throughout the night I get big sweating issues and hot a lot, this wakens me many times, so I am not getting a restful sleep. I am male aged 67.

Am I doing something wrong do you think?

Any input appreciated. Thanks

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Big sweating issues, and hot a lot. Do you get heart pounding as well?

Those are some of the symptoms of a hypo (blood glucose dropping too low). I used to get them, pre-diagnosis with DB, after too much alcohol, so I controlled that.

If you're going too low during the night, you may find eating a small carby and protein snack just before bed will help. I would have maybe 2 buttered oatcakes and a piece of cheese. The oatcakes contain carbs, and part of the protein in the cheese converts very slowly to glucose, and the fat slows everything down. So in effect you're slowly feeding yourself a little bit of slow-acting glucose to keep your levels up. Other people find a milky drink helps.

However, I am not a doctor, and I'm sure there could be other things that could give you the same symptoms. Have you discussed it with your doctor? Always a good idea.

I hope you get it sorted soon :D

Viv 8)

Tracey69

HI
I am atype 1 diabetic on insulin and metformin. I have had diabetes for 37 yrs this year. I wonder if you test your own blood sugars, it may be possible your sugar may have dropped ( hypo), you may find eating a small snack before bed would be advisable.
Take care
Tracey