No added sugar vinto squash

tinaribena

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi this is no added sugar but I thought anything with an ingredient ending in ose is no good I've been drinking loads or
1000013478.png
am I wrong thankyou

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You may be ok with drinking this. Some diabetics get a spike in sugar levels with sweeteners. The only way to find out is to do some before and after blood sugar tests. I know that saccharine causes me to have a rise in blood sugar but I’m ok with sucralose.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
What you need to know is how many grams of carbohydrate there are in a diluted glass of squash.
Artificial sweeteners can confuse your body so aren't always a good thing.
There are a lot of extra ingredients, aren't there!
As @Rachox says, the best answer is to test, test, test.

Reactions: Rachox

tinaribena

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You may be ok with drinking this. Some diabetics get a spike in sugar levels with sweeteners. The only way to find out is to do some before and after blood sugar tests. I know that saccharine causes me to have a rise in blood sugar but I’m ok with sucralose.
Thankyou I'm not yet diagnosed my my blood levels were slightly raised which could indicate diabetes I've been told by the doctor I've another blood test and urine test tomorrow maybe I'll stick with water the rest of today thankyou

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a lot of Vimto drunk in this house (none of it by me) and the consensus is that the "no added sugar" is preferable.

The sugar version is about 5g sugar per 100ml diluted as against 0.3g per 100ml diluted for the NAS. Given that (in this house anyway) the standard glass of Vimto is around 500ml, that's a big reduction.