ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello there! I can't believe I didn't realise this community existed before! I'm on the FB page but then realised all the acion was somehwere else: here!
I love the website, it got me started to understand blood glucose values, blood plasma, HbA1c, seriously, I feel like I know about biology now!
My GP diagnosed me as prediabetic in 2013 due to hyperinsulinism and post prandial hypoglycemia. At the time she just vaguely mentioned to "look into diets like Atkins" to try and get in under control. I did, I went low carb, then researched a bit more and went following a proper Ketogenic Diet. In 6 months my blood works put me all totally safe from any diabetes related scare, I dropped 30kg which was a nice side effect, but I just continued cause the health improvement is just too broad to just give up for processed foods and sugar.
I have fun trying to make low carb versions of all foods I can on YouTube mainly (i was doing different stuff there, but Keto took over since people started asking me about it last year) and I even ketofied the great british bake off every week (I know you will appreciate it, most people watching my stuff didn't even know what GBBO was!)

Anyway, great to have found you! Hope to learn even more about how to battle and handle the D-beast!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome! So what should we search for on YouTube. I love the GBBO even if I have to dream about eating their carby creations. My type 2 diagnosis has rekindled my love of cooking and baking. Just polished off some Fathead pizza :hungry:

ketointheuk

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome! So what should we search for on YouTube. I love the GBBO even if I have to dream about eating their carby creations. My type 2 diagnosis has rekindled my love of cooking and baking. Just polished off some Fathead pizza :hungry:
it's literally my username, keto in the uk, and I hear you! I started cooking properly from scratch with going low carb, hence why I started being fascinated with GBBO, but last year I was like "right, either I do something to make up for it, or i'm going to cheat" :p

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it's literally my username, keto in the uk, and I hear you! I started cooking properly from scratch with going low carb, hence why I started being fascinated with GBBO, but last year I was like "right, either I do something to make up for it, or i'm going to cheat" :p
Thank you! Off to look you up......

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome - I think i saw your blog a little while back.

I've always cooked from scratch and my mum was a great baker, and I've also enjoyed the challenge of creating and using low carb versions of different recipes since I was diagnosed.

We have a great low carb recipes thread if you'ld like to share too.

Robbity

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just looked you up and saw the info on Welsh cakes - yum, just in time for St David's Day!