No testing

Kevin10320

Hi Kevin, count carbs not sugars, the lower the carb content the better!
Hi Stozza ... we are working on the carb content now, now I have the machine, I should be able to gain more understanding of what raises my levels thanks for your message...much appreciated

Reactions: SWUSA_

AmandaD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
until you get your own meter would it be possible to test on your father in laws at all just so you have an idea of where your blood sugar is at the minute??

Just saw that you finally got your meter thats great

Kevin10320

until you get your own meter would it be possible to test on your father in laws at all just so you have an idea of where your blood sugar is at the minute??

Just saw that you finally got your meter thats great
Hi Amanda, I do now have my own meter and accessories ... the doctor and diabetic Nurse decided that I do need to check my levels in the morning but they have told me only to test first thing in the morning ... but I will test more than that and if they won't provide extra test strips then I will purchase more for myself thank you for your reply

Miss Crump

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin. I have been on the Atkins diet for the last 2 weeks and my blood glucose numbers have went way down. I haven't even had to take my Metformin on most days. This diet is low carb -high fat. Look into it to see if it's something you can do. I wish I had done this several years ago when I was first diagnosed.
Glad to hear you have your own meter now. :)

Kevin10320

Hi Kevin. I have been on the Atkins diet for the last 2 weeks and my blood glucose numbers have went way down. I haven't even had to take my Metformin on most days. This diet is low carb -high fat. Look into it to see if it's something you can do. I wish I had done this several years ago when I was first diagnosed.
Glad to hear you have your own meter now. :)
Hi There,
Thanks for the info, will check it out