Not a good couple of days.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi again @JoKalsbeek.
The circumstances you describe are really dreadful.
And you yourself have had a really tough time, which I can't imagine it being although similar, worse than my own circumstances, there is always someone in worse place than you. I admire your resolve and strength in how you got through it all. And did more than was possible!
The mindset needed for all this, needs character.
If needed in the sixties, seventies the health services were there.
They have been starved of support, through government decisions. And if this was a business would soon be on its knees and out of business!! It is a shameful period of dogma and profit to the few!

You are amazing, you take it easy, and wish you Godspeed in your fight for better health and keep safe and when I can, I will be around, to help those, who may need it!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again @JoKalsbeek.
The circumstances you describe are really dreadful.
And you yourself have had a really tough time, which I can't imagine it being although similar, worse than my own circumstances, there is always someone in worse place than you. I admire your resolve and strength in how you got through it all. And did more than was possible!
The mindset needed for all this, needs character.
If needed in the sixties, seventies the health services were there.
They have been starved of support, through government decisions. And if this was a business would soon be on its knees and out of business!! It is a shameful period of dogma and profit to the few!

You are amazing, you take it easy, and wish you Godspeed in your fight for better health and keep safe and when I can, I will be around, to help those, who may need it!
To me, it sounds like I went through a fraction of what you have. Hang in there. You're a hero in my book.

• Friendly
Reactions: EllieM and jjraak

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
To me, it sounds like I went through a fraction of what you have. Hang in there. You're a hero in my book.
And, you are a hero in my opinion.
But in some of us, we have to put ourselves second or last, to do what we have to do.
And it's not an option!

Taking care of yourself is a big part of looking after others. And sometimes you don't ask and just do.
Because we care!

Take care, stay safe.

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What a terrible situation. I can only sympathize, pray and hope, hope, hope life gets better for you. I always read your posts with great interest. They are so informative and useful to me too, though I am type 1. People here care deeply for you.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
What a terrible situation. I can only sympathize, pray and hope, hope, hope life gets better for you. I always read your posts with great interest. They are so informative and useful to me too, though I am type 1. People here care deeply for you.
I am agnostic, since very young! Reasons are many!
However, because of my life experience, the likelihood of someone so low down the pecking order in our society could ever get to heaven, unless the scriptures are wrong!
Another however, I have met a man of faith whom I have become friendly with and his church is outside the usual places of worship. He began a discussion we had about everybody having a heart and focusing on how people can use this aspect of our behaviour to help understand having faith in others.
Nowt wrong with that!
Another however, I have been wronged and despite having healthy disposition towards quite a number of people I have encountered, the mere fact that this trust I had in our way of life and law in this country, has been severely damaged. And this does not sit right in my conscious thinking. And I hate it!
I have never hated anything in my life. I have never committed a crime, have no record, never had a day out of work until covid happened. I have taught my kids to follow in my footsteps. They all worked on the front line during the pandemic. I am and have been told many times that I am one of the good guys.
I cannot and will not not accept that this is not the norm.
I cannot believe the state of this country, it is well and truly ..........! (Insert expletives)
The morals, the ethics, the good, that our country is known for, has been blown away!
Justice in our future has been eroded so much, food banks, racism, child poverty, excess deaths, denied civil liberties, healthcare, pension rights, housing, letting the multi nationals rip us off every which way, tax havens in our own borders, tax discrimination, tax avoidance. Government handouts for party donors And other parliamentary fraud. And many, many more. And the general populous still vote for them!
Why has wrong taken over from right?

Sorry shout this, I think I needed to vent!

I pray to my (Insert diety) and still most of my wishes don't come to happen but some do. I have faith in myself. I have blind faith in my family and my love for them is non negotiable!

Love can be great. If you have a heart!

• Friendly
Reactions: Lainie71

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am agnostic, since very young! Reasons are many!
However, because of my life experience, the likelihood of someone so low down the pecking order in our society could ever get to heaven, unless the scriptures are wrong!
Another however, I have met a man of faith whom I have become friendly with and his church is outside the usual places of worship. He began a discussion we had about everybody having a heart and focusing on how people can use this aspect of our behaviour to help understand having faith in others.
Nowt wrong with that!
Another however, I have been wronged and despite having healthy disposition towards quite a number of people I have encountered, the mere fact that this trust I had in our way of life and law in this country, has been severely damaged. And this does not sit right in my conscious thinking. And I hate it!
I have never hated anything in my life. I have never committed a crime, have no record, never had a day out of work until covid happened. I have taught my kids to follow in my footsteps. They all worked on the front line during the pandemic. I am and have been told many times that I am one of the good guys.
I cannot and will not not accept that this is not the norm.
I cannot believe the state of this country, it is well and truly ..........! (Insert expletives)
The morals, the ethics, the good, that our country is known for, has been blown away!
Justice in our future has been eroded so much, food banks, racism, child poverty, excess deaths, denied civil liberties, healthcare, pension rights, housing, letting the multi nationals rip us off every which way, tax havens in our own borders, tax discrimination, tax avoidance. Government handouts for party donors And other parliamentary fraud. And many, many more. And the general populous still vote for them!
Why has wrong taken over from right?

Sorry shout this, I think I needed to vent!

I pray to my (Insert diety) and still most of my wishes don't come to happen but some do. I have faith in myself. I have blind faith in my family and my love for them is non negotiable!

Love can be great. If you have a heart!
Actually, I'm completely unsure and undecided about what I believe, except that I do not believe in anything specific. I pray to something I can in no way understand. Praying took me out of the darkest times in my life and there have been many times I was more likely to die than live. Sometimes I wonder if I had a near-death experience which I didn't remember on coming back to the here and now.
I agree with everything you said about the corrupt world we live in, full of suffering, that is ruled by profit and that the vast majority of people are mindless sheep willing to be duped and herded by the top dogs.
You have faith in yourself and love your family. Those are true virtues and rare. As the expression goes 'Don't be sorry, be yourself.' Lots of love and hugs to you from this nobody who admires you. I'm glad you rant here - that's healthy.

Sunny_Days

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I deeply sympathize with the difficulties you're encountering. It's undeniably arduous when the reliable networks of support undergo transformations. It's important to acknowledge that it's perfectly normal to experience a sense of aimlessness amidst this period of change. Your remarkable tenacity thus far is commendable, and it's truly inspiring to witness your unwavering resolve to overcome these challenges. Countless individuals encounter comparable hurdles, which means that you are never alone in this struggle. Take the initiative to reach out to your newfound healthcare facility and grant them an opportunity to surprise you. Forge ahead, for your strength surpasses your own perception.

• Winner
Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Update number whatever!
I was going to say more after next week's appointment.
I have finally got in touch with Mind UK, but am waiting far action on there part, they seem to be waiting on the referral from my surgery.
I have been referred again to the skeletal/ muscular department. This is because it is now effecting my walking from my sciatic nerves, from my lower spine, originating from my neck, spondylitis, my doctors think.
And once again, can't take the painkillers except for paracetamol!
Not being able to do much, as other than light work is painful, I am frustrated with myself, and everything!
Another knock, just feeling low again.
Sorry!

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While there may be nothing practical I can do to help, I know that many forumites like me will be thinking of you and wishing you well.
Illegitimum non carborundum

(
I don't personally think that breaks the forum language rules but if it does the other mods will let me know and it'll get edited out. :))

Please be as well as possible and keep that positive attitude..
Lots of virtual hugs coming your way from New Zealand.
:oops: Well said! Here's the side of our former narrowboat! (The Lancashire version)

150 r MH basin 10 nic.jpg