Not confirmed yet!

susicruise

Hi everyone, I have found this board very interesting. I had a blood test last 2 days ago followed by a phone call to arrange a fasting blood test but no reason was given but I am suspecting diabetes. :cry: I have to wait 3 weeks for the test hurggg!!!!! I have felt pretty rotten health wise for quite a long time, had problems with my vision but put it down to using my computer too much, drinking a lot more, and yes up 2 or 3 times during the night for the loo. really extreme tiredness, I cannot seem to loose any weight no matter how hard I try (bmi 36 I think) is there anything I can do now whilst I wait for the test and results? I do eat sensibly and a low fat diet but I just want to feel 'normal' again but it's a long time to wait. Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards - Sue

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You could try reducing the carbs in your diet. If it is diabetes, It cannot hurt you and with a BMI of 36, it might well help you lose a little weight. If you don't know what to do, the Atkins diet, the South Beach diet and the Protein power diet are all eating plans which could serve your purpose.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hi Sue (another Sue ,we are taking over!)welcome to the forum.Until you have your test may I suggest that you try cutting down on the amount of carbohydrates that you eat.Carbohydrates are the main cause of insulin resistance in type 2 diabetics and ,by restricting the amount you eat you can give your pancreas (which produces insulin) a rest .I often recommend a little book called Collins Gem carb counter which tells you how much carbs there are in different foods.By just simply reducing the portion sizes on your plate,especially of bread,potatoes,rice and pasta, you can make a big difference in a few weeks.Please have a good read around the forum and ,if you have questions just ask.That's what we are here for.

popps

HI Sue,

Reduce the carb intake. You don't need to cut them out alltogether, but reduce the portions of foods you may have taken for granted as part of your daily diet - pasta, rice, potatoes. And where at all possible exercise more. You'll find lots of informative threads on this forum - some of the information I've personally received thus far has been more beneficial than that offered from official channels. Good luck!

susicruise

thank you all so much for your advice, it is so helpful. If I cut down on carbs now will it alter the test when it is done and not give a ''correct'' diagnosis? I did the atkins diet a few years ago so will have to sort my books out. Regards sue