1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Not losing weight. Why? Dehydration?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by kaup, Feb 10, 2019.

1. kaup

kaup Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello,

No matter what I do I do not seem to lose any weight. I tend to start losing a few pounds but a few days later re-gain it.

Example of my regular diet:

Morning: 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: Chicken + Greek Yoghurt + Broccoli or bulgur and salmon
    Snack: Apple or Frozen berries
    Dinner: Pieces of Cold salmon + green salad or a can of red beans
    Evening snack: Apple or Greek Yoghurt

I exercise for 1 hour every other day.

Now to my question, I drink 8 cups of tea per day and I do not drink much water. I suspect my body might be dehydrated and I need to cut the tea and drink more water to not gain weight? I drink around 3 glasses of water per day.

Any connection with dehydration and weight gain?

#1 kaup, Feb 10, 2019 at 6:41 PM
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Not eating enough?
    Could be that your body is hanging onto the fat because it feels its being slightly starved?
    You don't seem to be eating very much?
    I think that tea and coffee are just as hydrating as water (as they are 99% made of it) so drink when thirsty.

3. sarahdennis87

sarahdennis87 Type 1 · Active Member

It seems as thought you’re not eating a lot. It could be that your body is going into ‘starvation mode’ and basically holding on to all the fat that you have because of the little amount you’re eating. You need to have much more!! Instead of cutting down on your food, I’d maybe try to eat a balanced diet, 1600-2000 caps a day and then exercise on top. Even if it’s just walking to the shop or whatever. Your body is starving

4. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

The apples could be stopping ketosis.

5. kaup

kaup Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well, It is a rollercoaster ride at the moment. I suspect I do far too many corrections of my blood sugar by eating apples + protein bars.

This diet I mentioned brings me to lows as well. And overcorrecting insulin.I use fast acting Novorapid.

And I inject 2 doses of Lantus. 20 in the morning and 20 in the evening. Maybe I should cut down the long-lasting insulin as well.

I heard more insulin means more weight gain. And treating lows with snacks makes me gain weight.

I consider low carb diet instead of cutting down on food like the diet i mentioned.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook