Not sure

mtr01

My readings were 8.5 this morn, before bacon,eggs,toms,& 1 breadbun. Two hrs later my readings were 8.4, is that good? Im asking because when first fasting tested 3weeks ago, i was showing 14.4 before eating. Im t2.

Clairslloyd

It sounds quite good to me but don't take my word for it. I have just been diagnosed so am new and this and the doc won't give me a meter!!! Welcome and someone with more experience should be along shortly :D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The thing you DON'T want is huge rises in your levels 2 hours after eating, so that was pretty good going....you really want to try and achieve levels between 5 and 8, and yours were pretty close...so well done...a marked improvement on 14.4!!!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Type 2 target levels, as recommended by NICE (National Institute for Clinical Excellence) are:

4 - 7 mmol/l fasting/before meals;
less than 8.5 mmol/l 2 hours after meals.

You seem to be coming down very well; keep doing what you're doing, control your carbs, and they should keep dropping.

Viv :)

hallii

I agree with the others, it's good progress, but you could do with getting that pre meal (Fasting?) figure down a bit.

Some times a light carb snack last thing at night will help your morning figures.

I keep my carbs in the morning as low as possible (no buns!) and as the day goes on my figures drop to around 6 mmol before meals and 6 or 7 two hours after.

I can be up a bit first thing before breakfast, maybe 7 ish, that's why I keep the carbs to a minimum.

We are all different, and your progress is good, you will find it gets a bit easier as time goes on.

H

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi mtr01 and welcome to the forum. :) We have already met on the Word Association Game :lol: It sounds like you're making progress with your levels. I'm not sure how long since you were diagnosed but it might help you to read this information written by the forum monitors for new members so you can reduce your levels even further:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17088#p155405

Have a good read around - there is a lot of information on here - and if you still have questions then ask away and someone will be able to help you.

mtr01

Hi, i was only diagnosed t2 3 weeks ago. Upon diagnosis i went home, joined forum & had a good talk to partner. Upon ceasing eating pies, a loaf a day & some re thinking my amounts on my plate , my avarage is now 9.8 over 21 days. As stated previously..thanks for the support/advise :D