Not Totally Unlike Bread

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you have a Polish delicatessen handy you might be able to find chleb proteinowy from the Mestermacher.
It is not like the bread we know, it is a small pack of 5 thin slices weighing 250 gm, but it is possible to make cheese on almost toast or dip slices into an egg, or put kippers on.
It is expensive, but it is only 7.5 percent carbs. (weglowodany)
I thought it was 7.5 gm per slice (kromka), my Polish is not good - but no 7.5 for two slices.
It doesn't toast like white bread, and the butter runs off, but for cheese on hot bread it is better than nothing.
It is also high fibre (bialko, I think)
I put the slices into the toaster for a bit longer than a normal bread but I suspect that it would burn rather than toast, and go dry and brittle if heated for too long.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is not the same product - the Polish one has 14 percent fibre, 22 percent protein - there is a label in English on the back but everything else is in Polish.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is not the same product - the Polish one has 14 percent fibre, 22 percent protein - there is a label in English on the back but everything else is in Polish.
Confusing having two types of bread with the same name from the same company!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy this in Asda and it is less than 4g per slice I threw away the pack because I freeze in 2slice pack but I will check my next shop
Carol