Notice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm new on this forum, I have been verry unwell with severe abdominal pain, fatigue and weight loss over the past 2 years I was back and forth the my GP's for blood test after blood test one scan after another Evan the magic eye yet they found nothing over a period of 7 months doctor fearing I had some type of stomach cancer my weight went from a steady 13-14 stone to a frail 8 stone eventually I got admitted to Glangwily hospital in Carmarthen Wales as I could not cope with the pain and fatigue no longer with no diagnosis I was a shell of my former self but finally got diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis after having a MRI got told there was no cure and had to change my lifestyle and try control the pain and was discharged with just pain relief 3 months go bye and I'm not much better just trying to control the pain with MST's and other medication yet feeling extremely fatigued all muscle and fat had gone from my body I was nothing but skin and bone my girlfriend at the time just watched me wasting away and couldn't leave me that way so called a ambulance Glangwily was full so had to go to Withybush hospital where I was for 3 weeks where they diagnosed me with type 2 diabetes had me on many different drips one being insalun and they built me back up and I have been on a journey since my hole life has turned upside down trying to live with these conditions and I spend most my time in doors struggling with depression and BG being high I am trying hard to get a healthy balance I have given up the drinking and smoking plus try to stay away from sugary and fatty food. I have no social life anymore I'm forever tierd and can just stay in bed for day's. I have been reading many of the posts on here and see people struggling with the same things I do and can see this forum being a good place to learn how to live with this and ask questions becouse I know you will understand what I'm going through as I've had no-one to turn to I'm not good at explaining how I feel... thanks for listening rant over and I feel good about joining this learning more and taking control

Reactions: Olufisayo

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
Hi I'm new on this forum, I have been verry unwell with severe abdominal pain, fatigue and weight loss over the past 2 years I was back and forth the my GP's for blood test after blood test one scan after another Evan the magic eye yet they found nothing over a period of 7 months doctor fearing I had some type of stomach cancer my weight went from a steady 13-14 stone to a frail 8 stone eventually I got admitted to Glangwily hospital in Carmarthen Wales as I could not cope with the pain and fatigue no longer with no diagnosis I was a shell of my former self but finally got diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis after having a MRI got told there was no cure and had to change my lifestyle and try control the pain and was discharged with just pain relief 3 months go bye and I'm not much better just trying to control the pain with MST's and other medication yet feeling extremely fatigued all muscle and fat had gone from my body I was nothing but skin and bone my girlfriend at the time just watched me wasting away and couldn't leave me that way so called a ambulance Glangwily was full so had to go to Withybush hospital where I was for 3 weeks where they diagnosed me with type 2 diabetes had me on many different drips one being insalun and they built me back up and I have been on a journey since my hole life has turned upside down trying to live with these conditions and I spend most my time in doors struggling with depression and BG being high I am trying hard to get a healthy balance I have given up the drinking and smoking plus try to stay away from sugary and fatty food. I have no social life anymore I'm forever tierd and can just stay in bed for day's. I have been reading many of the posts on here and see people struggling with the same things I do and can see this forum being a good place to learn how to live with this and ask questions becouse I know you will understand what I'm going through as I've had no-one to turn to I'm not good at explaining how I feel... thanks for listening rant over and I feel good about joining this learning more and taking control

Good you are now on this forum! There’s hope that you’ll get better. Try to share your experiences and listen to advice and suggestions from others. Most importantly, be positive!

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum, I also hope you get better so you can participate on what is an informative and friendly place to share experiences and learn from each other. Looking forward to your contributions

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome. You seem to have had a very rough time lately but now you have joined us members can share their experiences with you and you can talk with those who know what you are going through and can offer support and advice. Hopefully very soon you will see a measure of better health and possibly less stress. Best wishes.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum, I also hope you get better so you can participate on what is an informative and friendly place to share experiences and learn from each other. Looking forward to your contributions
Thanks for your kind words and I am thinking positive now I have this forum and don't feel alone I have learnt allot already although some daunting facts just need to get my Bg down and keep them there..

Reactions: Liam1955

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @New diabetic T2 dude - what insulin regime are you on and how often are you testing your blood glucose levels ?

It's a marathon not a sprint but with some support things will get better :)

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome @New diabetic T2 dude - what insulin regime are you on and how often are you testing your blood glucose levels ?

It's a marathon not a sprint but with some support things will get better :)
I am on Humalog mix25 twice a day morning before breakfast and again before my evening meal but don't eat much and I live alone so have trouble sticking to them as sleep is all over the place and my dinner times are also not set times.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it sounds like your type 3c not 2. if so its permanent insulin maybe worth asking for some extra tests to be done to see if your producing any insulin. Avoiding toxins to the body such as alcohol and smoking reduce pancreatic inflammation. Also, eating a diet rich in fiber and consuming normal amounts of fat may help. Oral pancreatic enzymes may be given. Maintaining sufficient levels of vitamin D can also reduce symptoms and help manage the disease better.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
All I know is that they told me I had type 2 and I was going to be put on insulin, I don't know much at All just the leaflets they gave me, nothing much has been explained to me and I haven't asked nowhere near as much as I should to get clued up I've been more concerned about my pancreas and learning to deal with the severe pain which at one point dident know how I was alive in so much pain coming from one of my organs but have had a few procedures to help get that under control and know I need to concentrate on my diabetes now as it is often high I stay well away from alcohol and smoking and have also started going to a gym for some light exercise but sleep for around 20-30 hours the day's after my sessions not sure if that's down to my depression as I have been feeling down and just sick and tired of the hole thing but I'm never full of energy these day's henss why I joined the gym in hope I could regain some of my strength and physical/mental health but feel I'm on the right track now thanks to this forum and all you lovely people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I am on Humalog mix25 twice a day morning before breakfast and again before my evening meal but don't eat much and I live alone so have trouble sticking to them as sleep is all over the place and my dinner times are also not set times.

What sort of blood glucose readings are you getting ? Also when are you testing, is it before meal times ? Have you got a diabetic nurse ?

Start recording your readings, either in a diary or on a phone app like Diasend which is free but is useful as you can email results to your team (if your speaking to them regularly).

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree you are probably T3c and not T2. T3c is where there is pancreatic damage such as pancreatitis. It's essentially the same as T1 which is due to anti-body attack. The c-peptide test will show the level of your own insulin production so may be worth asking for. NICE recommends that T1s are on the Basal/Bolus regime aka MDI which I'm on. It involves two insulins and 4 to 5 injections per day. It gives much better control than the mixed insulin you are on. It certainly helps if your meal-times are dis-ordered as you inject and adjust the number of units with the Bolus at each meal (called carb-counting). I would ask the DN or clinic to change you to that insulin regime as long as you are happy to have 4 to 5 injections rather than 2. I would also ask if possible for your recorded diagnosis to be changed from T2 to the 'correct' one.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree you are probably T3c and not T2. T3c is where there is pancreatic damage such as pancreatitis. It's essentially the same as T1 which is due to anti-body attack. The c-peptide test will show the level of your own insulin production so may be worth asking for. NICE recommends that T1s are on the Basal/Bolus regime aka MDI which I'm on. It involves two insulins and 4 to 5 injections per day. It gives much better control than the mixed insulin you are on. It certainly helps if your meal-times are dis-ordered as you inject and adjust the number of units with the Bolus at each meal (called carb-counting). I would ask the DN or clinic to change you to that insulin regime as long as you are happy to have 4 to 5 injections rather than 2. I would also ask if possible for your recorded diagnosis to be changed from T2 to the 'correct' one.
I will definitely bring it up at my next appointment with my diabetes nurse but really don't fancy 4-5 times a day I hate needles and struggle with 2 a day especially when I'm feeling frail they sting alot more.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey New diabeticT2dude, sorry to hear that you have had such a rough go with things, but glad to hear that at least now you have something to work with...the T2 sounds like it may be incorrect, but you will likely have to be your own advocate when asking for some further testing to be done to see if you are the T3c due to the damage sustained by your pancreas....Anyway, it is definitely one day at a time for all us and one step forward, sometimes two steps back but always looking ahead....what's done is done and the future awaits!! Cheesey I know, but true!!

Hopefully the Docs are dealing with your depression as well - some meds and "chats" can work wonders - and there is no shame in needing them...mental health is as much or perhaps more important that physical health because of its pervasiveness into every area of our lives...

A few simple suggestions for starting to crawl out of the nightmare you have been in for the past couple of years:
1) set an alarm (or two or three!) so that you have to get up (put them away from the bed or sofa so you have to get up to turn it off!) and test, eat and have a look out the window!

2) Take a good look in the mirror in the morning and tell yourself that you are made of good stuff and will get control of your diabetes - it will not control you!!

3) Repeat the mirror exercise in the evening

4) Plan on what you are going to eat and look forward to feeding your body healthy, healing foods

5) Keep up with the exercise regimen, going slowly if need be so you don't whack yourself out for the next two days!

6) Go out and buy yourself some fresh flowers - may sound corny, but it is amazing what seeing something fresh and vibrant can do for your general feeling of hope and life! (It also forces you to get out of bed and go somewhere and be around people if for a short time!)

There are lots of things that you can probably come up with too that you can actually use to measure your progress on your journey to wellness:) Hang in there! As I always tell myself when things are rocky -"this too shall pass"! Blessings/L