Now the X-PERT advice is low carb, high fat

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Well I cant see the NHS ever recommending that anyone eats an 82% fat diet and personally I know I wouldnt want to eat such a diet.

My whole approach to diabetic control was to reduce my insulin resistance, and it worked, a high fat diet only increases insulin resistance so is not for me thanks, yuk..
Now you tell me. I must me some kind of biological freak since I have normal blood sugar levels with a HFLC diet.

Reactions: 7 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Well I cant see the NHS ever recommending that anyone eats an 82% fat diet and personally I know I wouldnt want to eat such a diet.

My whole approach to diabetic control was to reduce my insulin resistance, and it worked, a high fat diet only increases insulin resistance so is not for me thanks, yuk..

LOL

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I wouldn't disagree, as you claim, the eatwell plate is a good first step.

You honestly believe the eat well plate is a good first step for diabetics?

If you are allowed to promote that diet on a diabetes forum that is also ********

Edited to reflect all diet references fair and valid within thread topic debate .

Last edited by a moderator:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
It may be good for you, but how many newly diagnosed T2's would make the switch to that diet?

What difference does it make how many would switch if it is correct advice?

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think we both agree, the NHS aren't them and us, so let's leave it there?
The NHS aren't them and us ? I have no clue what that even means, let alone make sense. Your diet works for you which is great but be honest, do you really think it is good for the majority ? No diet will ever suit all, so, the "experts" come up with something that will benefit the majority. That's LCHF. If you choose to doubt, ignore or whatever, that's fine. However, it doesn't mean it's bad advice just because the minority don't agree with it.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Very true, you do.
You have done an excellent job, and will avoid all the complications that T2 can cause.
But, unlike, say the Newcastle Diet, what are you like with a variety of different foods, in an uncontrolled environment?
And even with your own diet, do you achieve the 82% fat that is recommended in the UK by the X-Pert course?
Where to begin....as the web page describing the Newcastle diet states:
"The essential point is that substantial weight loss must be achieved. The time course of weight
loss is much less important." Personally, I believe a starvation diet is not healthy. I think the Newcastle diet or bariatric surgery is ok as a last resort, but I'd recommend that people try a LCHF diet first. Why would I starve myself on 700 calories a day when I can lose weight on 2700 calories of healthy, nutritious food a day? To me that's a no brainer.

I read the article and I couldn't find where she says the diet she recommends has to be 82% fat. She just says she eats 82% of her calories from fat. You'll have to fork out £4.99 to find out what she recommends. She also microwaves eggs and there's no way I'm doing that, but I doubt either is required to follow her diet plan. I'm at around 70-75% fat, about half of that from saturated fat. Carbs are under 50 g, but usually around 30 g, and pretty much all from fresh, raw veg.

I am not sure what you consider an "uncontrolled environment" to be. However, since I am single (i.e. no one to tell me what to eat and I do all my own shopping and cooking) and have no restrictions (food cost, availability, religious restrictions, food allergies or anything else I can think of) with regard to what I eat, I'd say I am in a completely uncontrolled environment. I do fine. Actually, better than fine. I feel better than any time in my life. I run 20 to 30 km a week and lift weights 5 times a week. For the first time I can recall someone described me as "lean" the other day (that shocked me, actually). I sleep better. My memory is better. I don't feel hungry all the time. I don't snack between meals. Someone at work said I look 5 years younger now than just a couple of months ago. That's how I'm doing in an uncontrolled environment on a LCHF diet. I hope that answers your questions.

Reactions: 13 people

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you can't control what you eat under your circumstances, as you say, single, no outside influences at all, totally dependant on your own choice of shopping and eating, I've no idea what you mean to be honest.
Maybe other posters can advise you?
I control mine, at least to the degree of my own choice.
You've lost me again ? He can and does control what he eats ?

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
If you can't control what you eat under your circumstances, as you say, single, no outside influences at all, totally dependant on your own choice of shopping and eating, I've no idea what you mean to be honest.
Maybe other posters can advise?
Where did I say I had no control over what I eat in my post? You asked about an uncontrolled environment, which I take to mean there are no forces in my environment that control what I eat. i.e. it's completely up to me what I eat.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, just been eating an 'After Eight' ice cream, so missed that. :)
It was good.

Douglas I do wish you wouldn't keep bragging about all the junk you are able to eat. Most of us can't do that. I sometimes (like now) find it very upsetting

Reactions: 12 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Douglas I do wish you wouldn't keep bragging about all the junk you are able to eat. Most of us can't do that. I sometimes (like now) find it very upsetting
I can eat ****, too, but can't fathom why I would. Eat all the **** you want Doug, it doesn't bother me.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes anyone can eat what they want of course they can, but this is meant to be a support forum, not a 'let's try to trip up others less fortunate than ourselves forum'. I thought support meant sharing tips and encouraging others. I don't object to someone eating rubbish all day long, that's their choice, but I don't like reading about it day after day and then reading that their BG's are better than mine. So I'm having a short rest from the forum now so I can have a break from reading about it. :) Have fun :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
"Sorry, just been eating an 'After Eight' ice cream, so missed that. :)
It was good."

"So new posters can see it works, and build on that"

Sarcasm removed. by Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
That's exactly my point.
I don't post to get approval from others.
I post to show others what works for me.
Just me, and how I live doesn't need your approval.
I'm happy as I am, and that's what works for me.
I don't need you to be happy for me.
If you need others to approve how you eat, and find them, that's fine as well.
It's down to whatever works.
Hopefully new people on here won't believe that eating **** is a good idea.

C

catherinecherub

If this thread does not get back on track it will be moved to the Moderator's forum and will be edited.

This is meant to be a sticky in the Low carb forum and I am sure newbies and forum members will not want to wade through personal attacks and sniping.

Reactions: 7 people