Numb tongue

Tsitsi2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had a numb tongue though my sugar levels were within range, yesterday it was 5.6 and today had the same problem yet blood sugar is 4.7. Used to experience this with low blood sugar, has anyone ever experienced this?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Tsitsi2010 - I haven't heard of this before so it may be unrelated to your diabetes - worth a trip to your GP to get this checked out though.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I get tingly lips when I'm low, but the only time I've had a numb tongue was years ago when I had a vicious nocturnal hypo and, unknown to me, bit it.

@Tsitsi2010 Have you checked your tongue carefully to see if there's any obvious injury? I'm not saying you have the same as I had, but it's worth checking. A recent poster had tongue issues and then discovered they'd bitten it too.

Tsitsi2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The numbness lasted about 15minutes, then my tongue was back to normal, I actually thought I was low as well, and it was not the case and this has happened two days in a row, will look into it abit more, Mayb it's something I ate. If it comes back again tomorrow then I will definately see a GP... Thnx for the responses

Reactions: 2 people