Nutrition scales

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Does anyone know of these would be any good for keep low carb.
Am I living in hope.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
You weigh your food put a code into the scale attributable to that particular food.
The scale calculates it all and hey presto it tells your cal, carbs , fat , salt content and much more. I thought by doing this it would help me stay on track.
I’ve been using them but get a bit fiddly weighing all the different bits of a recipe But as long as the are accurate they are helpful.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You weigh your food put a code into the scale attributable to that particular food.
The scale calculates it all and hey presto it tells your cal, carbs , fat , salt content and much more. I thought by doing this it would help me stay on track.
I’ve been using them but get a bit fiddly weighing all the different bits of a recipe But as long as the are accurate they are helpful.
To be honest I gave up weighing everything a few months ago and just concentrate on eating zero carb foods (mainly meat) or very low carb foods. You then don't have to worry about weighing or recording anything.

Reactions: AloeSvea

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I gave up weighing everything a few months ago and just concentrate on eating zero carb foods (mainly meat) or very low carb foods. You then don't have to worry about weighing or recording anything.
Exactly what I do.

Reactions: lucylocket61

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I find it useful even if I don’t always like the answer. Might be how it’s useful.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
To be honest @Wilber123 - that sounds like a sure-fire way to get mighty sick of low-carb mighty quickly! The opposite of what you want.

I have done short stints of such measuring - not the different macros and salt and so on - but certainly for calories when on a Very Low Calorie Diet, twice, for two months a-piece. Lots of weighing. I cannot imagine doing that kind of thing outside of a treatment experiment for a limited period, due to its.... how to say...cumbersome time-consuming, anti-pleasure in food (and cooking!) regimented nature of it! That's my thoughts on it in any case.

I have been low-carb or keto eating (depending on how many berries I am eating) for seven and a half years, and after keeping a food journal for maybe a year or two in detail, knowing the carb level of things has become second-nature. Easy-peasy after a while to keep an almost unconscious track without any measuring or looking things up. And of course - eat and meter for checking out different foods' and meals' and drinks' effect on your blood glucose.

If I was doing it again, and low-carbing from the get go, I would buy a wonderful little carb counting book I saw in a book store recently, and learn the carb content of a broad range of foods that way. As it was - Atkins does a great list, and many nutrition count sites online.

And get really good at reading the nutrition label on foods at the store - for the carbohydrate level of course (and reading the ingredients list to make sure the ingredients are as good quality as possible),and not containing added sugar, and if added sugar - the tiniest amount! Ditto on alternative sweeteners and artificial sweeteners.