Nutrition. Weight loss. Fitness.

Pepsi Max

Same thing happened to me! Now I'm on a pump I reduce my basal rate for the duration of the activity & about 1-2 hrs after I increase the rate for an hour...

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found that eating just 1200 net cals a day put my metabolism in starvation mode and I plateau'd as a result for quite some time I upped it to net 1400 cals a couple of weeks ago and I'm now losing weight again. I try to do between 600 and 1200 cals of exercise 5 times a week also.

blink

jillsymes66 said:
Hi
When I go to the gym or any other form of exercise my glucose levels seem to shoot up. I was 7.1 before I went after taking half my usual insulin and eating half my usual breakfast and when I checked it again when I got home it was 18.9!! This seems to happen on a regular basis. Any advice please.

I was reading about this not to long ago, apparently depending on the exercise you do can have different effects on your sugar levels certain types, intensity and duration of what you do can cause your body to produce sugar to help give you energy to finish doin your work out. Normally your boy would create insulin and get rid of the excess sugar but obviously being diabetic our bodies just do nothing and you end up with high sugar levels.

Hope this helps and in sure someone will explain this better :)

Zachary

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the offer and like to share personal trainer is well trained fitness planner who is involved in exercise prescription and instruction, motivates their clients by setting goals. Personal trainers measure their client's strengths and weaknesses both, to set exercise program to improve their client's fitness.

Last edited by a moderator:

kameena

Nutrition is very benefcial for better health and better circulation of blood!Green tea and some nutrition helps in losing extra weight and fat.Exercise is the key for physical fitness!

[link removed]

Signs

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm T2 low carb diet and metfromin and occasionally gliclazide if I go too high. My personal experience is also that my levels climb after exercise. I do interval cardio and weights, some days seperately but usually together. I find my levels always go up a few points and stay up for a few hours. My PT who is also diabetic T1 suggested taking a protein shake 20 - 60 mins after workout. This brings the levels down to normal within an hour of taking it. I have no idea how or why it works, just does :? My most recent HbA1c was 5.8% so doing something right.

The shake I use is arbonne essentials? (Don't have packaging right now). Not sure if it's online or not, I buy it locally. Hope this helps.

Question for Mike. Was going to ask my PT but the more opinions the better. Can you tell me or point me somewhere that explains how a T2 on low carb (50 - 130) can do cutting and bulking but still maintain good numbers?. Used to be into martial arts and running but can't do that anymore so decide to build up a bit. May as well look good as I age disgracefully.

Cheers, John