Off into hospital tomorrow for an operation

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck tomorrow. Be wary of the anaesthetic. It's part of the reason that they do diabetics first I believe. It takes a while to come around from and can really upset your BG levels (makes me seriously throw up for a good hour or 2 as well :( )

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes Andrew. I hope all goes well and you are back on your feet soon. I agree about taking a snack with you. Hospital food isn't diabetic friendly.

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks all for your well wishes - I'm off to bed now. Will let you all know how it goes.

Reactions: 4 people
K

Kat100

Goodnight , bet you will be wide awake after your op .....and in need of food and fluids ....thinking of you ...

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Hope all goes well Andrew, I am sure that you will feel so much better after it is all done :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good luck and sending you my very best wishes for a healthy and speedy recovery. All the best Andrew :)

RRB

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck Andrew I have just come out 2 days ago offer hip replacement I had to be there for 7am but did not go to down for op until 11.30 took good 24 hours to recover from anesthetic but bloods were checked twice a day and stayed down x

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sending good luck wishes ....<3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way it is an estimated 3 lbs so that will take me down to 12st 4lbs (just 4 lbs from my target) so that is a benefit.

I was drinking in a pub with a comedian friend once and I stupidly asked what I would have to do to lose 2 stone of ugly fat and he said I should cut my head off.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All done now just waiting to be picked up. They did an hba1c which was 35 so all in all I am pretty **** happy

Reactions: 12 people

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad it was all ok and you are feeling good. Excellent hba1c too. I can only dream of that :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All done now just waiting to be picked up. They did an hba1c which was 35 so all in all I am pretty **** happy

Does the "c" at the end of that stand for carbohydrate, in your case? It's an excellent reassurance that all is well though.

Nice added value.

(Reading your updated signature, I'm astonished your BMI is still 27. Where does 25 put you?)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Does the "c" at the end of that stand for carbohydrate, in your case? It's an excellent reassurance that all is well though.

Nice added value.

(Reading your updated signature, I'm astonished your BMI is still 27. Where does 25 put you?)
Another 1 stone 3 lbs to get me to BMI 25; was never that weight when I was fit and young so won't do it now.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
best of luck for your op xx