Off my feet again...

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
I 've managed to drive myself head into the ground again. Could be laid up for days. Sick, dehydrated and seriously depleted, why? Because everyone else doesn't feel like putting an effort in. So who does.....?

Reactions: Leeannea

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @leslie10152 - do you know what bought this on ? take it easy, hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: KimWheeler

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I 've managed to drive myself head into the ground again. Could be laid up for days. Sick, dehydrated and seriously depleted, why? Because everyone else doesn't feel like putting an effort in. So who does.....?

Leslie - I know this will be very much against your natural preferences, but sometimes less really is more.

Look after yourself, and don't rush back. It'll all still be there when you're ready to re-enter the fray.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh @leslie10152 . Get well soon. Keep us updated.
PM me if you want to chat. I'm on and off line in this 6wks but I'll always listen and keep you company. This weather has got me up and down. A few others too. Currently typing deaf in one ear. Goodness knows how iit's happened but nothing surprises me anymore!
We are here for you. ;)

Reactions: Leeannea

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Diabetes is enough of a challenge. Don't support it with doubt in your capacity to rise above it. Go internal and fight

Reactions: Freema

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You need to give yourself time to heal both physically and mentally. I'm the worst person to judge how far I can push myself and usually sail right across the line and end up making myself iller than I would have been had I taken my body's hint earlier. You've proved you've got tenacity, courage and strength to get this far now you have to find a bit more and give yourself the time you need. I hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: KimWheeler

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Not good, @leslie10152. No words of advice, mate, as I don't know the specifics...just want you to know I am thinking of you for what that's worth...and hope you are back to yourself as soon as possible. Sometimes feels like it's all geared up to kick you in the head...but you are clearly the kick back kind. Take care of yourself.

ps. You can't expect me to post all the **** jokes on my own!

Reactions: leslie10152

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Live long and prosper Leslie and may energies shine on you from a million suns............

Silly quotes from Star Trek and Doctor Who but I like them and they fit.

I could just wish you well but I do like a bit of artistic flourish and just sometimes if something silly brings a smile to your face then its not silly at all......

Tony

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you fell better very soon

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
PM me if you want to chat. I'm on and off line in this 6wks but I'll always listen and keep you company. This weather has got me up and down. A few others too. Currently typing deaf in one ear. Goodness knows how iit's happened but nothing surprises me anymore!
We are here for you. ;)
Thanks, I needed that!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Live long and prosper Leslie and may energies shine on you from a million suns............

Silly quotes from Star Trek and Doctor Who but I like them and they fit.

I could just wish you well but I do like a bit of artistic flourish and just sometimes if something silly brings a smile to your face then its not silly at all......

Tony
I tend to wax lyrical myself!

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The trouble with human nature is that while you go the extra mile, nobody else will bother. While you are laid up sick, someone else will have to do it. Give yourself a bit of that extra effort! Get well soon.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
You need to give yourself time to heal both physically and mentally. I'm the worst person to judge how far I can push myself and usually sail right across the line and end up making myself iller than I would have been had I taken my body's hint earlier. You've proved you've got tenacity, courage and strength to get this far now you have to find a bit more and give yourself the time you need. I hope you feel better soon.
On it. Message recieved and understood.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
The trouble with human nature is that while you go the extra mile, nobody else will bother. While you are laid up sick, someone else will have to do it. Give yourself a bit of that extra effort! Get well soon.
Amen. Time to realise I am not bullet proof!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
Hi @leslie10152 - do you know what bought this on ? take it easy, hope you feel better soon.
Working too hard too often. I 've been plagued by a mystery virus for over two months, so I'm going in for nasal swabs and blood tests. A bit scary.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I hope it gets sorted Leslie - try and take it easy and let us know how you get on.

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
We are here for you. ;)
Take care of yourself. The team needs you.