OM This is amazing

gilllsmaad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I felt I had to share as i am sooo amazed.
So I was diagnosed a week ago weds, the week before as I assumed I would be told I am T2 I have been trying to follow the LCHF programme. A few slip ups here and there as I have had roast spuds on sunday and some fruit in between which will not have helped.
Anyway I have been weighed and I have lost 4kg :-o :-o :-o amaz balls I have not been able to lose any weight since my thyroid decided to not function in 2010!!!!!
My BG have been in the low 6 - 4.5 in the last 2 days ( think I may be understanding a bit more now) I am blonde hahaha
So does this mean I am getting the idea of what and not what to eat??

YAY ME
not been this thrilled since...........a looooooong time :)
And all this joy and goodness has come from all of you people on here
Thank you so much
Feeling the Love
xx

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, @gilllsmaad - Great start there. I reckon you're getting the hang of it.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yup, sounds like you’re learning quickly, well done!

gilllsmaad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yup, sounds like you’re learning quickly, well done!
Thank You Rachox
I do hope that I can continue with this way of life. Its not the easiest thing ive done but I am determined to not die yet :) x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank You Rachox
I do hope that I can continue with this way of life. Its not the easiest thing ive done but I am determined to not die yet :) x

I’m ten months in and found it gets easier, it’s second nature to miss out whole aisles in Tesco now as I know there’s nothing suitable for me there now!

Reactions: Bobbles 2

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I was diagnosed a week ago weds, the week before as I assumed I would be told I am T2 I have been trying to follow the LCHF programme. A few slip ups here and there as I have had roast spuds on sunday and some fruit in between which will not have helped.
Anyway I have been weighed and I have lost 4kg :-o :-o :-o amaz balls I have not been able to lose any weight since my thyroid decided to not function in 2010!!!!!
My BG have been in the low 6 - 4.5 in the last 2 days ( think I may be understanding a bit more now) I am blonde hahaha

YAY ME
Thank you so much
Feeling the Love
xx
Sounds very much like you are getting the hang of this low carb thing.. well done!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gilllsmaad definitely sounds like you’re getting the hang of things. Will definitely get easier - I found that the motivation that comes with seeing the results you want helped with changing my mindset so that the low carb way of eating became a positive choice with lots of options rather than a restricted ‘diet’. Then it all becomes self sustaining.

Reactions: DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

YAY ME
Thank you so much
Feeling the Love
xx
I love its affect on my thyroid too.

You may develop palpatations so get any levothyroxine need assessed. When is your next thyroid blood test?

Reactions: gilllsmaad

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gillsmaad what great results, well done!

I too find that seeing and feeling the results is motivation to continue. Focussing on the positive aspects of low carb life, all the yummy food I can eat which I’ve thought was ‘bad for me’ for the past 20-30 years means I’m really enjoying life right now.

Go you!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When all my clothes started to sag or even drop off I got out the scales and found that I was about 40 lb lighter, and I have been trying to work on muscles for a while, not wanting to become a frail little old woman, but my waist has gone on shrinking even though my weight is drifting up and down around the same numbers.
I've needed all new clothes.

gilllsmaad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love its affect on my thyroid too.

You may develop palpatations so get any levothyroxine need assessed. When is your next thyroid blood test?
Part of the reason for the T2 diagnosis was I went to the gp because i was and am still having lots of palpitations so they then did the blood test and a ECG apparently my thyroid is ok to them

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Part of the reason for the T2 diagnosis was I went to the gp because i was and am still having lots of palpitations so they then did the blood test and a ECG apparently my thyroid is ok to them
Palpatations are scary. I still get them even on betablockers but luckily they are now on and off. Mine were awoken by severe lchf diet but most diabetics are prone to them. Hypos or false hypos come hand in hand with them, it seems.
Have you been given medical support for yours?

gilllsmaad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Palpatations are scary. I still get them even on betablockers but luckily they are now on and off. Mine were awoken by severe lchf diet but most diabetics are prone to them. Hypos or false hypos come hand in hand with them, it seems.
Have you been given medical support for yours?
I already have propranolol for anxiety which has been a year or more. is palpitations a symptom of hypo then? Still so many things to learn x

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I’m ten months in and found it gets easier, it’s second nature to miss out whole aisles in Tesco now as I know there’s nothing suitable for me there now!
Sometimes I walk down the aisles just so I can feel a smug little madam and say "this stuff is muck and I don't actually want to eat it"