Omg summer gone... Spiders!,,,

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Aargh ..... Just had the biggest tarantula running across the floor!!! Does that mean summer gone and this was just this years baby? Have I got mum and dad gigantula spiders now going to be be out looking for their baby cos it's now splattered on floor?

Gawd..... forget being scared of injections and dentists.... And diabetic consultants.... This was a blooming' monster!!heart still thumping like a good un... Means I'm still alive!!

Nothing too horrible about diabetes when faced with those spiders coming in for winter warmth!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hate spiders... but worse than that, we had a rat :shock: Finally found where it was getting in and blocked the hole. Now we are getting mice :***:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Don't like rats either, but I am capable of putting out a rat trap and then drowning the vermin. This was the first time that I've actually plucked up the courage to stamp on it... Even then I failed to kill it first time and it did a runner, which scared me even more!!!

Mice, I like to see a field mouse.. Providing they stay true to their name... In the fields!!!

Sounds like you need to adopt a cat? Saying that my dads cat used to bring in live mice to my dad!!

Netty70

donnellysdogs said:
Don't like rats either, but I am capable of putting out a rat trap and then drowning the vermin. This was the first time that I've actually plucked up the courage to stamp on it... Even then I failed to kill it first time and it did a runner, which scared me even more!!!

Mice, I like to see a field mouse.. Providing they stay true to their name... In the fields!!!

Sounds like you need to adopt a cat? Saying that my dads cat used to bring in live mice to my dad!!

Your dads cat would of brought the mice in as gifts
It is there way of showing there love :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd love a cat, but it wouldn't be too practical in a 3rd floor flat in London. And then there would be the half-dead mouse present thing. When I lived in Norfolk we had some big old harvest spiders. I remember one day wearing a black T-shirt, I suddenly saw a large spider on my chest heading towards my face (3in legs diameter). I nearly died. ;)

Netty70

robert72 said:
I'd love a cat, but it wouldn't be too practical in a 3rd floor flat in London. And then there would be the half-dead mouse present thing. When I lived in Norfolk we had some big old harvest spiders. I remember one day wearing a black T-shirt, I suddenly saw a large spider on my chest heading towards my face (3in legs diameter). I nearly died. ;)

Haha any size spider crawling on me and I would be like a windmill in a tornado :)

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Netty70 said:
robert72 said:

Haha any size spider crawling on me and I would be like a windmill in a tornado :)

Yeah Netty... I was going a bit like your avatar ;)

Netty70

robert72 said:
Netty70 said:
robert72 said:

Yeah Netty... I was going a bit like your avatar ;)

Haha I have a vision :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i love spiders!!! i go mental if any of these lot kill them lol, what they eat i dont like, the bigger the spider the more flies they eat, slugs on the other hand ugggh i hate slugs not least of all because have you ever seen them up the park eating the dog poo? :sick: , when i used to smoke i used to go outside at night barefoot and sqwishhhhh *shudder*

Netty70

Andy12345 said:
i love spiders!!! i go mental if any of these lot kill them lol, what they eat i dont like, the bigger the spider the more flies they eat, slugs on the other hand ugggh i hate slugs not least of all because have you ever seen them up the park eating the dog poo? :sick: , when i used to smoke i used to go outside at night barefoot and sqwishhhhh *shudder*

Can't say I've ever been slug watching......is there a club you can join ha ha ha

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i just happened to be hanging around in the bushes :lol: you can join me next time if ya wish but we both have to be wearing our wedding dresses to make it authentic!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
netty how come you bring the worst out in me? lol when i get banned im recommending you do too :lol:

Netty70

Andy12345 said:
i just happened to be hanging around in the bushes :lol: you can join me next time if ya wish but we both have to be wearing our wedding dresses to make it authentic!

Ha ha ha you don't live in southport do ya.....saw some weirdo Saturday night in the bushes..... But no thanks bushes are not a place I frequent and as for you in a dress ha ha ha yourwifeshouldbeworried.com

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There has been a fair amount of spider related drama in my house this last fortnight. My puppy plays with them..... I just want him to kill it and get it over with in case they escape!!

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Huge one in the bathroom last night, fortunately my partner puts them outside. He did get bitten by one not so long ago. As for slugs we live in the country and they love my garden, apparently if you throw them they will find their way back.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love spiders, the bigger the better, like Andy I won't let anyone kill them, my hubby however is like a big girls blouse and comes running to me to get the nasty spidey widey out the way - now then moths and ginny spinners are another matter!

They say spiders only live in a happy home so embrace and enjoy the spider :clap:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Argh! I'm terrified of spiders. I hate them but I'm too scared to try and kill them in case they shoot off somewhere never to be found again. As much as I love the Autumn season, I REALLY, REALLY hate the fact that it brings spiders and daddy long legs with it.