Omg summer gone... Spiders!,,,

Netty70

Giverny said:
Argh! I'm terrified of spiders. I hate them but I'm too scared to try and kill them in case they shoot off somewhere never to be found again. As much as I love the Autumn season, I REALLY, REALLY hate the fact that it brings spiders and daddy long legs with it.

I never kill spiders in case mummy and daddy spider come to get me lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol i let (made) the kids play with them when they were small (much to the wifes displeasure)so they didnt grow up with the phobia, my mum has a proper phobia and when i was a kid 10ish i spose we was in a shop that sold the giant rubbery ones so i put one on my mums shoulder and she fainted right there on the spot, i thought id killed her lol, but wasnt funny at the time... anyway the kids are scared stiff of them, so much for my theory

SPARKLE4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried my best not to pass my fear of spiders on to my children for years, it didn't work! We now all race for the kitchen cupboard to spray them with anything we can from afar :shifty: safety=distance :lol:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol spiders visual range is about 2 inches which always springs to mind when my mum thinks they are after her, they dont even see us

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my mum is on her own and if theres a spider in a certain room she wont go in there until someone visits to get rid of it, it can be days, living room and kitchen gets a special visit from one of us hehe

SPARKLE4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been known to phone for backup when dealing with very large spiders :lol:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We just had a tarantula incident. Rodney (puppy) played for 10 minutes and it was still alive and trying to escape! My boyfriend was in the shower and I was standing on the couch freaking out.

Not. Nice.

Netty70

hale710 said:
We just had a tarantula incident. Rodney (puppy) played for 10 minutes and it was still alive and trying to escape! My boyfriend was in the shower and I was standing on the couch freaking out.

Not. Nice.

Haha aren't dogs great
Mine just looks at them......like hello welcome to our house lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I wrapped my head up in a towel after washing my hair when 16ish... And looked in the mirror a d there was the biggest tarantula bang on the front of the towel!! Scared the living daylights out of me.

I can sit in a room with hubby and they find me!! Why me? I think they just annoy people that are scared of them. I'm always the first to be standing on the chair or the settee.

Then if they get put out... They just creep their way back to your house!!

Only way is splat!! Dont give a hoot about any other creature...

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Netty70 said:
I never kill spiders in case mummy and daddy spider come to get me lol
This is a fear I live with daily :lol: :lol:

SPARKLE4 said:
I tried my best not to pass my fear of spiders on to my children for years, it didn't work! We now all race for the kitchen cupboard to spray them with anything we can from afar :shifty: safety=distance :lol:
Haha! I inherited my fear of spiders from my mum. When I was younger, my dad used to work lates quite alot so it would just be me, my mum and my brother in the house... she'd go running next door if there was a spider about :lol:

If I were left to destroy them with spray, I'd probably end up with a makeshift blow torch and burn the house down.

I'd absolutely die if I saw this *not for the faint hearted (or the arachnaphobes)*: http://imgur.com/1Gy7pvR

CRINGE :shock:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
awwwww cute itty bitty ikkle wikkle spideys awwwww :lol: we had a nest in a downstairs toilet recently and i wouldnt let anyone touch it, we had like a zillion little babies running up the web with the wife and kids freaking out, brilliant! until it was kids shower time and they refused to go in there, not so brilliant, i took as many as possible to the shed and rehomed them, pretending i had them all :)

you know if you kill them, when you get reincarnated your bound to be a spider lol

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Aaargh!! Dont get me on to reincarnation!!!!!! I had a podiatrist that who told me I must have been really bad in my previous life and was made to choose 5 diseases from a book to take to my next life to learn my lessons from .....to make me a good person in my following life after this s**t learning from illness life!!!
I'm still in this "s**t learning life....have had 8 illnesses learnt.. 5 unlearnt (diagnosed, then undiagnosed)... Reckon if this posiatrist is right about reincarnation.. I still have 2 more illnesses to go.... But woukd have been great if my past life had told me in my new life what these 5 illnesses were going to be!!!
Reincarnation??? Can we veer away from that subject??

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Aaargh!! Dont get me on to reincarnation!!!!!! I had a podiatrist that who told me I must have been really bad in my previous life and was made to choose 5 diseases from a book to take to my next life to learn my lessons from .....to make me a good person in my following life after this s**t learning from illness life!!!
I'm still in this "s**t learning life....have had 8 illnesses learnt.. 5 unlearnt (diagnosed, then undiagnosed)... Reckon if this posiatrist is right about reincarnation.. I still have 2 more illnesses to go.... But woukd have been great if my past life had told me in my new life what these 5 illnesses were going to be!!!
Reincarnation??? Can we veer away from that subject??

punto53

Hi clymic be very careful all the hoovers that don't have bags don't kill spiders they just curl up and crawl out after...... I've seen it ha'ha.......
Its like they come back for a last laugh horrible!!!! So you are better jumping on them pauline

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Oh heck..recycled spiders from cyclonic hoovers doesnt sound good...

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ok ok no reincarnation... no hoovers....anything else? :lol:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Nope, thats it!!! You picked up on my worst nightmares are you psychic..... Ooops.... Nah.... No story to tell on psychics....

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
no not psychic, not this time anyway :lol: who knows how many times i was though

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes