One happy chappy

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to the mydiabetesmyway website to see if my blood results were back.
They were better than I could have hoped for.
I have been doin a Resistant Starch diet for a little over a year now.
On this diet I have been eating aprox 1500 to 2000 calories.

Macro breakdown

Carbs 150- 200 grams
Fat 50- 70 grams
Protein 90- 120 grams

Anyways here's the results:-

HBA1C (history)
29/06/2017 - 76
16/11/2017 - 54
5/2/2018 - 45
28/06/2018 - 41
18/10/2018 - 35

Total Cholesterol - 4.4
HDL Cholesterol - 1.3
LDL Cholesterol - 2.7
Triglycerides - 0.9

:) Tom

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant job! Welcome to the 30s club!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Really good outcome! Have you exercised more as well?

Reactions: Prem51

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys.

Yes I think the big difference is that most days I do over 12000 steps.
My wife bought me a fitbit charge3 in july and that has helped greatly with tracking what I do and also the diet side of things.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that’s great. Can you elaborate on what you mean by a resistant carb diet please?

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@tomtom 2 Well done! Great results. :D

Would you mind copying your first post on this thread and also the link to your original thread onto a thread of mine please?

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...to-achieve-remission-excl-lchf-and-nd.156354/

It would be good for newbies to see that there are choices out there. :)

I have done as requested.

I never noticed that thread of yours before and it is a really good thread as you say lets people know that there is options out there.

Tom

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, a brilliant reduction in HbA1c and great cholesterol results. :)

Thanks very much wasn't really expecting it to be as good as it is.

Might be a couple of changes I made recently that has helped.
Retired in July and had plenty of time on my hands so could get out for walks.
Also I stopped taking statins.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much wasn't really expecting it to be as good as it is.

Might be a couple of changes I made recently that has helped.
Retired in July and had plenty of time on my hands so could get out for walks.
Also I stopped taking statins.

Stopping the statins will have helped the blood glucose, and hasn't done any harm at all to your cholesterol levels. :)
I could also suggest that retirement helps, too. Far less stress.

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see you have had diabetic HbA1cs previously, then a nice drop, then a steady increase again. What did you do after your original diabetes levels to reduce it, then what happened with the gradual increase back up again?

When first diagnosed I looked about on the net and found the Atkins Diet pretty similar to what most of the people here do now with their LCHF diet I have the utmost respect for what they are doing .
Was on 4 x 500 metformin at that time it got reduced to 2 x 500 because the results were good
I just couldn't keep it up and stopped.
Then heard that Alcohol lowered BG so whenever I had anything naughty I would have a some Alcohol I know not a good way to look after myself.
I kind of went along probably in denial quite happy that my hba1c's were not really that bad for a while but that finally caught up with me last year when I got a reading of 76 hba1c.
The pharmacist that I was sent to see wanted to up my medication but I told here I didnt want to and that I would find out what else I could to reduce the hba1c. It was the wake up call I needed.
Again found out about RS google and the rest is history.
BTW I was a cabbie and had to get my hba1c down or I would be out of work needed a doctors letter every 2 years saying that my diabetes was in control.

Tom

Reactions: zand and Prem51

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's hope it all works out for you this time, with no falling off the wagon. One thing that has kept me on the straight and narrow (with occasional deliberate treats) is my meter and the stats and graphs I generate.(and staying put on this forum!) After well over 4 years I am still testing up to 6 times a day. It works for me. Thank you for telling us your story. :)

Reactions: zand

tomtom 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Let's hope it all works out for you this time, with no falling off the wagon. One thing that has kept me on the straight and narrow (with occasional deliberate treats) is my meter and the stats and graphs I generate.(and staying put on this forum!) After well over 4 years I am still testing up to 6 times a day. It works for me. Thank you for telling us your story. :)
Thanks actualy lookin at what others are doin and I have found a lot of stuff that I knew nothing about has helped.
I have used lots of info from this forum that has helped me refine my diet i.e. coming off statins was one of them and restricting my carbs slightly another, dont normally have more than 40 grams each meal.
I'm finding my diet very easy to follow and I have my occassional treats.
Took the wife on her birthday for a meal 10th Oct and never restricted anything, had a chilli starter with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips and for the main I had chicken katsu curry with chips also had 2 pint of guinness.
Had so much that I couldn't finish the chips.
But since then back onto diet.
Very rarely have refined carbs, my carbs come mostly from pulses and veg also really like my stir fries but i'm using bulgur wheat instead of rice.
I only test 2 times daily now morning and night, one reason I was surprised at the 35 hba1c was that my morning BG test are usually around 6 to 6.5 maybe the Dawn Phenomenon effect something else that I knew nothing about till read it on the forum.

The biggest help for me has come from this very forum there are a lot a very knowlegable people here and for that I'm grateful I found this forum..

Tom