1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

One Year In... thank you all

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by bulkbiker, Oct 30, 2016.

1. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

that's great news, well done to you and a real inspiration to lots of us on here too x

• Like Like x 2
  2. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

well done Mark, that's a fantastic achievement, I have found your posts both inspirational and very informative xx

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greenwave

Greenwave Type 2 · Member

Congratulations on your anniversary. And thank you for all the information and the inspiration you continue to provide. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

In October it will be your 2nd anniversary?
    I bet improvements for you since the first post on this thread @bulkbiker ???
    Is fasting worth doing?

5. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Yes 2 years in October wonder if I can get to my target weight before then... still intermittent fasting and toying with the idea of another 7 day fast. One day I'll get committed and do a proper water only fast. For me fasting and a ketogenic diet have been absolute game changers. Stable blood sugars (although still slightly higher than I would like) between 4 and 6 most days mostly 5's FBG.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I've realised the hard way..... only 4, 5 and 6s help me lose weight and on metformin. I'm still needing insulin but hoping to try and either drop it or just have a little, like type1s.
    It's strange how everyone needs to find their method but thank god there are some options.
    You are doing fantastic! Well done. I wish I had time on my side like you to take it at your bodies pace.
    Definitely writing an indepth diabetic strategy book would be a godsend to the newly diagnosed. Even recommend it to oldies like me?
    The end result has to be the same. Weight loss and good maintenance to keep this dangerous disease in it's box. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. berylc

berylc Type 2 · Well-Known Member

An inspiration to us all :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

@bulkbiker I have to say that new picture of you is very inspiring.
    Your posts have helped me a great deal since I came on.
    Thank you!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. James2

James2 · Well-Known Member

congratulations on the results and you positive message
    James2

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook