1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Onetouch Ultrasmart

Discussion in 'Book and Product Reviews' started by squirrel, Jun 17, 2009.

1. squirrel

squirrel · Well-Known Member

Hi, anyone know if its possible to wipe all the results from the onetouch and start fresh.

thanks mark

2. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

I don't think that you can do it directly on the meter but you can do it via the one touch software,

3. NaPsTeR

NaPsTeR · Member

You have to do this from within the One Touch software; Cant be done via meter.

4. sugarless sue

sugarless sue · Master

5. Stuboy

Stuboy · Well-Known Member

yes yes. you can clear the meter using the software, it's very easy to do :) If you dont have the cable or the software, you can write an email to their support and tell them you need the cable for your meter. DON'T BUY ONE! they're about £11 and you can get it for free just by calling One Touch or sending them an email.

While you're there, i would recommend requesting a copy of the Pro version of the software as well... which allows you to connect the dots together on the standard day report, which is REALLY usefull for seeing patterns from day to day. This was report was extremly usefull for pumpers!

6. Hobs

Hobs Type 2 · Master

Like most things with an electronic memory, I would have thought removing the battery for two hours and then resetting the date & time etc should do it. I know if my VCR is set to make a recording and a power cut lasts for more than an hour, all my settings etc are lost.
    Give it a try .. you have nothing to loose but the stored readings..LOL

7. Fujifilm

Fujifilm · Well-Known Member

A large lump hammer will also do the job. :lol:

I loved the ultrasmart when I first got it, I now hate the **** thing, well not the meter but trying to get the sticks out that stupid little pot. :evil:

The first thing you do when you stick your finger in the pot is contaminate the stick, then you have to fiddle about trying to get one out because they are stuck together, if you are feeling a bit hypo it makes it even more interesting.

What moron designed that. SOME DIPSTICK with a PHD who has never had to use it. :evil: :evil:

I am going for a lay down :mrgreen:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook