Onset of Neuropathy?

KMPMBA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
I have been recently diagnosed as T2 last week, HbA1c of 53 / 7%, what triggered me to get my tests was; Burning and Tingling feeling in my foot, rather intermittently. Ball of foot area mostly.

Upon close inspection I see that I have little / small callous which is not noticeable but just felt upon touch on my left foot near the ball and on the edge of right.

Also, I have lack of sensation on my right foot in the V between big toe and the next, i would rate it at approx 30% less compared to the left.

Feet remain colder compared to palms and ankle, mainly the toes.

Otherwise feet are clean and nothing is noticeable. I have changed my work shoes to see if it can make any difference.

My historic numbers during PD have not been so bad that complications can be expected, HbA1c around 42-45.

Any thoughts, please?

BTW, since childhood, I have this problem of rather quick numbness of feet if i sit crossed leg or any position which puts pressure on the limbs.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My historic numbers during PD have not been so bad that complications can be expected, HbA1c around 42-45.
In my case, my A1c test results rose over a few years from 37 to 41. I am convinced that even at this level, which the NHS regards as harmless, I did in fact accumulate several quite severe complications. I am also convinced that the way to lower my A1cs is to lower my bg by eating fewer carbs, and that in the long term keeping my bg low can reverse at least some of those complications. It has already completely cured the severe reflux problems I was suffering before going low carb. You can read Dr Bernstein's story of how he lowered his bg and reversed complications, including advanced kidney disease, here: http://www.diabetes-book.com/bernstein-life-with-diabetes/