Operation now done!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I would like to thank everyone who, during the last few months, posted advice and support in such a positive and friendly manner. Much appreciated.

Having read 5.2 - 5.4 over much of recent times I was a mite suspicious of the hospital machine reading 7.2 BG which then, very rapidly, became 6.4 and then 5.6 (that’s more like it) although, given the fact I was operating on zero sleep and a surfeit of stress, who knows ? Lol.

I can confirm it is/was a painful experience and I’ve spent half the night wandering between the bathroom and the bedroom trying to get comfortable!.

But now it’s done so, to any who read my previous ramblings, or contributed, thanks again!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FANTASTIC news Patrick.

Now let's hope for a speedy recovery,
my friend :)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But now it’s done so, to any who read my previous ramblings, or contributed, thanks again!

Haha. Yes, my favourite was the Diabetic Sweets thread. :D

I hope the recovery goes well.

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
Hopefully you'll be fighting fit in no time

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news Patrick! Get well soon xx

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Awesome news Patrick, when I was in for an op a couple of years ago, I was running at 8 fasting (in denial at the time) and they were happy with that and fed me white toast with marmalade! Hope hospital food has improved a bit for diabetics now.

Here's to your speedy recovery!

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Haha. Yes, my favourite was the Diabetic Sweets thread. :D

I hope the recovery goes well.
So do I. I’m normally quick out the blocks in recovery but 24 hours later I certainly feel rather the worse for wear.

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Awesome news Patrick, when I was in for an op a couple of years ago, I was running at 8 fasting (in denial at the time) and they were happy with that and fed me white toast with marmalade! Hope hospital food has improved a bit for diabetics now.

Here's to your speedy recovery!
I had half a very dry bacon and chicken sandwich. That was it. And that was in a private hospital.
They offered me ice cream as I had a very sore throat but I just wasn’t in the mood for anything at the time.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Good stuff, must be good to put that behind you. Hope you get back up and running smoothly, back to do back flips and high board diving and bungee jumping on the weekend. Good luck.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Patrick great the op is done and hope your recovery goes well. You managed your bg really well IMO.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had half a very dry bacon and chicken sandwich. That was it. And that was in a private hospital.
They offered me ice cream as I had a very sore throat but I just wasn’t in the mood for anything at the time.
I see you weren’t slumming it then? :D

I had my op in a private hospital, courtesy of my then employer. It was a bit more salubrious than my previous experience in an NHS ward. But I wasn’t in long enough to appreciate the luxurious extras.

It was at that time that the surgeon prophetically told my then wife that I might be diabetic in the future.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Speedy recovery @Patrick66 - your over the bump in the road now, hopefully now the worry and stress of the op are out of the way you can begin to enjoy your life a bit more now, onwards and upwards :)

Reactions: Pittston

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Patrick66 , after a couple of false starts with your op, I'm really pleased it's all done and dusted now.

My OH had a hernia repair done a couple of years ago, and was quite significantly uncomfortable for a few days afterwards. Some of the was the op itself and some the gas used to inflate the tum, to facilitate the almost-keyhole sugery. Obviously the latter passed (sorry, sorry!) quite quickly, and the former just dwindled away in its own sweet way.

I hope now that bit of stress is out of the way for you, it'll clear a corner of your heaspace to concetrate on more pleasant things.

Stick around Patrick.

Reactions: Brunneria