Oppo Ice Cream numbers

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if anyone else is odd like me (unlikely) but I have no idea what 100ml of Oppo looks like so I tend to weigh it out.

Oddly I had never actually weighed a full tub and foolishly assumed that 475ml of Oppo would weigh about 475g... big mistake!

As I've had a cold the past week, fancied a "treat" and it was on special offer in Waitrose I bought 2 pots of the choc hazelnut putting my mainly carnivore diet on hold briefly..

So a full pot of Oppo weighs about 304g.. the packaging weighs about 20g so a full pot weighs in at 284g. This means that the nutrient info per 100g works out like this

Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 23.26.12.png

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah yes - having worked for a food manufacturer, (and I use that term loosely), I knew that there was a considerable advantage in being allowed, legally, to sell a food by volume rather than weight if it can be whipped up with various chemicals to ensure air is part of the result. Food processors love to be able to add, for instance, water to a product, but being able to add air - even better, as it is absolutely free....
I strongly recommend home made icecream, and for a cold, adding whisky and the liquid from a small amount of ginger root, gently simmered for a few minutes and allowed to cool slowly (I put mine on a radiator). Other options, brandy and chopped walnuts, for instance, are also available.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker I realised that a while back. I weighed the contents of the smaller 100ml pot and discovered it wasn’t nearly 100g. Long time since I’ve eaten it now as the taste was a bit synthetic. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: bulkbiker

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and fat is less dense than water, that also has an impact on the stats.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That caught me out initially but then I saw an explaination on Oppo’s Facebook page :)

Reactions: bulkbiker

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick addition I used the full carb numbers (9.9g per 100 ml) even though some of it is from sugar alcohols as I wanted a "worst case" scenario.. the true carb count is probably lower.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons Salted Caramel ice cream. 7 grams of carbs per 100ml. Nice to have a small portion with a slice of keto salted caramel cheesecake.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons Salted Caramel ice cream. 7 grams of carbs per 100ml. Nice to have a small portion with a slice of keto salted caramel cheesecake.
Which one ? Morrisons has 3 or 4 diff types

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morrisons Salted Caramel ice cream. 7 grams of carbs per 100ml...

Yes! I've tried and enjoyed that too, and it's been on offer recently.

I'm afraid I cheat a bit with "measuring" my ice cream: I reckon a tub contains 5 Robbity size portons of (generally) slighlty under 100ml each so on average I'll be eating slightly less than 100 ml's worth of carbs. Not 100% accurate, but I never believe that carbs per 100g or 100ml values for anything (esp fruit and vegetables) can always be 100% accurate - just a best approximation.

Reactions: Listlad