Ouch!

localshop

Only been using the Libre for two and a half weeks, the first sensor caused no bruising at all, this is the second one which went on on Tuesday morning. Is it normal?!
IMG_1372.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
OUCH!!! Indeed. I have had just the one like that. You will have that bruise for a while, even after you have taken the sensor off. You hit a blood vessel, it will be fine

Reactions: localshop

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @localshop I wouldn't call it normal but it does happen, i've had a few bleeding libres in my time, once it bled straight through the centre, was a bit surreal but no major panic as the sensor worked fine, as long as the sensor is working ok then no need to remove.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooft that's a nasty looking bruise, I have had bleeders but thankfully never bruised like that, it will be fine but obviously if it's too uncomfortable or anything give Abbott a call, I've heard of them replacing sensors through this issue but if it isn't uncomfortable or anything I'd just leave it xx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would say that if you are in any doubt at all, give the Abbott customer services a ring, and offer to send them the pic through email, so they can make an informed decision.
- don't email them before speaking to them though, I have read several times that emails don't get fast responses whereas the phone is a much better way to contact them.

Having said that, if the sensor is working correctly, and you have no swelling or sign of infection, then you could just wait and see what happens.

I've never had a bruise like that, but then my arm has more... er... padding... than yours, so the veins are less accessible. :D

Maybe just make a mental note not to use that square centimetre of arm for future sensors.

localshop

I would say that if you are in any doubt at all, give the Abbott customer services a ring, and offer to send them the pic through email, so they can make an informed decision.
- don't email them before speaking to them though, I have read several times that emails don't get fast responses whereas the phone is a much better way to contact them.

Having said that, if the sensor is working correctly, and you have no swelling or sign of infection, then you could just wait and see what happens.

I've never had a bruise like that, but then my arm has more... er... padding... than yours, so the veins are less accessible. :D

Maybe just make a mental note not to use that square centimetre of arm for future sensors.

Thank you. Called them, not much use, suggested I speak to my healthcare professional.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had one that looked like that, It worked fine so I left it on. But when it expired and I took it off the bruising was only around the outside of where the sensor was, not under it.