Our girl shed ...

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I'm a very handy man...alas just one handed though at the moment lol...Kat or Jan or Jaylee ?

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm a very handy man...alas just one handed though at the moment lol...Kat or Jan or Jaylee ?
Just needed the felt sticking back down properly. Got some of that black mastic type stuff and resealed the joints......bit dicey on that ladder in the wind (must get a less rickety one) but job done now. Had some of that apple & BlackBerry pie and vanilla Carte d'Or......after with a lovely latte.....nice not to have to worry if filter coffee machine heated water to high enough temperature...

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
:arghh::arghh::arghh: No oo please say your pulling our legs Eddie, thought you were our handy man and you can't do a job like that with your shoulder, h e l p !!!!!
We will have to see if anyone volunteers to have a look at the leak tomorrow, I only have one good hand (same problem as RRB) and replacement joint in wrist so I can't hold nails etc as fingers don't pinch, otherwise would do it as used to be good with a hammer. Maybe somebody from the man shed might help out, but then again not heard much about that recently so maybe it fell down, they built it in a rush so probably not that stable anyway, cowboy builders proberbly :rolleyes: Anyway nothing to be done at this time but hope it doesn'rain overnite, off to my bed nighty night

Reactions: 8 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just needed the felt sticking back down properly. Got some of that black mastic type stuff and resealed the joints......bit dicey on that ladder in the wind (must get a less rickety one) but job done now. Had some of that apple & BlackBerry pie and vanilla Carte d'Or......after with a lovely latte.....nice not to have to worry if filter coffee machine heated water to high enough temperature...
Oh Jan that's great, good of you to chance that ladder, looks very dodgy. I've got a roll of stuff here that has a rough surface, like roofing felt but narrower, really good strong stuff will leave it over there when I go tomorrow, also have a can of no more leaks stuff you spray round the edges to seal. Blackberry pie sounds nice and you deserved a treat after chancing that ladder but out there on your own :eek: did you think what you might do if the ladder went from under you:arghh: next time take one of us with you eh? Safety in numbers. Heard bout your water on the news how awful for you having to boil all this time, hope the doggies are ok

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Oh Jan that's great, good of you to chance that ladder, looks very dodgy. I've got a roll of stuff here that has a rough surface, like roofing felt but narrower, really good strong stuff will leave it over there when I go tomorrow, also have a can of no more leaks stuff you spray round the edges to seal. Blackberry pie sounds nice and you deserved a treat after chancing that ladder but out there on your own :eek: did you think what you might do if the ladder went from under you:arghh: next time take one of us with you eh? Safety in numbers. Heard bout your water on the news how awful for you having to boil all this time, hope the doggies are ok
Thanks poohtiggy....so used to doing stuff on my own never crossed my mind. That repair stuff will be good if coop err springs,a leak too....
Two of doggies had trots so.now,am wondering if I forgot to boil one if kettles of water before I used it or if it was just some of food they had that was different, or just cos it's been a lot warmer. .

Reactions: 4 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks poohtiggy....so used to doing stuff on my own never crossed my mind. That repair stuff will be good if coop err springs,a leak too....
Two of doggies had trots so.now,am wondering if I forgot to boil one if kettles of water before I used it or if it was just some of food they had that was different, or just cos it's been a lot warmer. .
Oh heck two doggies with the trots eeek couldn't cope with that and looks like you'll have another weekend of boiling it's taken so long to sort that out. Got my peas today but already planned my meal for today so maybe tomorrow:hungry:

S

Sable_Jan

Oh heck two doggies with the trots eeek couldn't cope with that and looks like you'll have another weekend of boiling it's taken so long to sort that out. Got my peas today but already planned my meal for today so maybe tomorrow:hungry:
Fortunately outside dogs....
Enjoy the peas tomo.....are the shed ones ready for picking yet?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fortunately outside dogs....
Enjoy the peas tomo.....are the shed ones ready for picking yet?
Not sure Jan didn't manage to get there today, hope they're as good as the beans

C

chris lowe

Are you still having to boil water???? That's awful, United Utilites need something up their backsides (like a good kicking):meh:

S

Sable_Jan

Are you still having to boil water???? That's awful, United Utilites need something up their backsides (like a good kicking):meh:
They're putting ultraviolet treatment units where the water leaves the reservoirs....some treatment plants use them on site all the time. We WILL be getting compensation but what,and when is anyone's guess.
And, yes, boiling until further notice

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We will have to see if anyone volunteers to have a look at the leak tomorrow, I only have one good hand (same problem as RRB) and replacement joint in wrist so I can't hold nails etc as fingers don't pinch, otherwise would do it as used to be good with a hammer. Maybe somebody from the man shed might help out, but then again not heard much about that recently so maybe it fell down, they built it in a rush so probably not that stable anyway, cowboy builders proberbly :rolleyes: Anyway nothing to be done at this time but hope it doesn'rain overnite, off to my bed nighty night
Lol

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
They're putting ultraviolet treatment units where the water leaves the reservoirs....some treatment plants use them on site all the time. We WILL be getting compensation but what,and when is anyone's guess.
And, yes, boiling until further notice
It was a bad idea privatizing water utilities. Here in Scotland it was never done, still in public hands and Scottish Water are funded through your Council Tax. My water from Loch Lomond is cool and yummy. It's not hard water too so no descaling. United Utilities will be sued by a lot of people.

S

Sable_Jan

It was a bad idea privatizing water utilities. Here in Scotland it was never done, still in public hands and Scottish Water are funded through your Council Tax. My water from Loch Lomond is cool and yummy. It's not hard water too so no descaling. United Utilities will be sued by a lot of people.
Compensation to be given but from figures quoted from past happenings elsewhere amounts to just £3 per day for Jo Public and businesses to be assessed on individual basis...with a PROMISE of NOT increasing bills next year....

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Lmao...£3 for the squits ? Are they bonkers ? Maybe they've been drinking their own water lol

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Compensation to be given but from figures quoted from past happenings elsewhere amounts to just £3 per day for Jo Public and businesses to be assessed on individual basis...with a PROMISE of NOT increasing bills next year....
That's disgusting Jan. Radio 2 had a discussion about it today and a lady rang in to say she had to close her cafe as she could't keep up with the water boiling for the amount she needed each day, she's already lost over £2.000 United Utilities have a lot to answer for, they have been very slow in their dealings with this bug. Surely they could have sent tankers of water out to save all the boiling and compensation should be paid for the extra gas/electricity people have used to boil the water as well as the inconvieniance £3 a day would be an insult

S

Sable_Jan

That's disgusting Jan. Radio 2 had a discussion about it today and a lady rang in to say she had to close her cafe as she could't keep up with the water boiling for the amount she needed each day, she's already lost over £2.000 United Utilities have a lot to answer for, they have been very slow in their dealings with this bug. Surely they could have sent tankers of water out to save all the boiling and compensation should be paid for the extra gas/electricity people have used to boil the water as well as the inconvieniance £3 a day would be an insult
Don't know why their water treatment plant doesn't have the UV filters,as matter of course like they say other plants do...
Don't think tankers would help really cos it would have the bug in too unless they treated it first...and guessing nowhere near enough of them......

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

Don't know why their water treatment plant doesn't have the UV filters,as matter of course like they say other plants do...
Don't think tankers would help really cos it would have the bug in too unless they treated it first...and guessing nowhere near enough of them......
It's awful jan , you must be worn out , all this time is really awful ..x

Reactions: 2 people
K

Kat100

And I will take high road :joyful:

K

Kat100

Just found an old fig bush in the south corner .. Picked a few fresh figs which I will have for breakfast tomorrow , well not just a fig for breakfast , but there are plenty for all ...:cat: