Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
So do you understand that we update everything for a reason?

Excuse me, pardon ?? :wideyed:
It just seems to me that you think we update things for the sake of it - the database/server error page update being a primary example that we don't. Everything we do is done in order to make the site better for our users, and to enable more people to find our site. I'm sure you remember the days of the forum constantly being offline, people losing messages, people being unable to register for reasons X Y & Z etc. etc.

Sorry if I'm coming across a little rude - new epilepsy medication is making me a real grouch :sorry:

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
and I thought my grouchiness had gone, but I could be wrong .................:rolleyes:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To address your concerns more specifically:

Brightness - the forum's colour palette is the same it's always been. Only difference is that we now have a solid red bar at the top of the page to fit in with the rest of the website.

Squashed avatars - No, they're not squashed. That is the image you uploaded and now it's presented in the correct aspect ratio. If you want it to be square, use an image editor to make it square and re-upload it (http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/)

Wishy washy colours - Again, we are using the exact colour palette we used pre-update. The colours are all the same.

Advertisements - The advertising has been there since 23rd December 2013.

The New Posts is the same as Recent Posts, just different wording :)

Unfortunately, we had to remove Watched Threads from the top bar as it was causing a couple of conflicts elsewhere on the index. Hopefully we'll have this fixed very soon.

Ah, I see. Basically, the TapaTalk (the framework we use to build the app) forced us to throw in Sponsored messages in order for it to be approved in the app store. We didn't want to do this as we felt it somewhat spoiled the app experience, but didn't really have a choice.

Personally, I prefer to just use my browser if I want to access the forum on the go. The site is designed to shift its contents around based on the device's screen size so it'll work perfectly on pretty much any mobile device :)
Thanks @Giverny.
I wasn't liking my fat avatar at first, but think I will keep it that way to remind me to eat less.;)

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls

Brightness - the forum's colour palette is the same it's always been. Only difference is that we now have a solid red bar at the top of the page to fit in with the rest of the website.

Squashed avatars - No, they're not squashed. That is the image you uploaded and now it's presented in the correct aspect ratio. If you want it to be square, use an image editor to make it square and re-upload it (http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/)

Wishy washy colours - Again, we are using the exact colour palette we used pre-update. The colours are all the same.

Unfortunately, we had to remove Watched Threads from the top bar as it was causing a couple of conflicts elsewhere on the index. Hopefully we'll have this fixed very soon.

Ah, I see. Basically, the TapaTalk (the framework we use to build the app) forced us to throw in Sponsored messages in order for it to be approved in the app store. We didn't want to do this as we felt it somewhat spoiled the app experience, but didn't really have a choice.

Personally, I prefer to just use my browser if I want to access the forum on the go. The site is designed to shift its contents around based on the device's screen size so it'll work perfectly on pretty much any mobile device :)
Sadly, I've lost my "Senior" title and I have to post a further 340 times before I get to "Veteran" which I definitely don't want:(

Reactions: 6 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Pipp I don't think your avatar is fattened at all, it was only showing the middle of it before, it's just showing more of the side yellow area. Mine's the same as it already was square, but yours is rectangular, so is now just showing all of it.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp I don't think your avatar is fattened at all, it was only showing the middle of it before, it's just showing more of the side yellow area. Mine's the same as it already was square, but yours is rectangular, so is now just showing all of it.
Maybe will keep it that way, thanks.

We could all do with a few more rays of sunshine.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe will keep it that way, thanks.

We could all do with a few more rays of sunshine.

I think it suits you Pipp, as you say we could all do with a lot more rays of sunshine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
In another 70 posts I get to be a Legend again, lets hope they don't whip it away again too quickly. just have to decide which end I want to be this time, mmmmmmmmmmm

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It just seems to me that you think we update things for the sake of it - the database/server error page update being a primary example that we don't. Everything we do is done in order to make the site better for our users, and to enable more people to find our site. I'm sure you remember the days of the forum constantly being offline, people losing messages, people being unable to register for reasons X Y & Z etc. etc.

Sorry if I'm coming across a little rude - new epilepsy medication is making me a real grouch :sorry:
I understand progress.. ;)

Now if you can just cover up that freaky girl & clown for me? I haven't been able to sleep in 40 years....!

TCF.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese

Personally I think Grizzled is a horrible word, I sometimes feel it but I wouldn't wish for it to be under my avatar.I and many others were quite happy with the legend status but now I'm to remain a regular. The new status for over 10.000 posts is King of the World so why is RRB still a legend? Why could the status for existing members not remaining as they were and adopt the new listings for newbies, I think that would have been more acceptable than de motion of so many members

Whatever you choose I suggest they go the other end of the list, or better still why not ask those who have achieved the Legend status if they wish to remain Legends rather than change their status.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I want to be King of the World ;)
Don't hold your breath, RRB has 10.833 posts and she's still a legend. According to the new listing she should be 'king of the world':rolleyes::rolleyes:

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't hold your breath, RRB has 10.833 posts and she's still a legend. According to the new listing she should be 'king of the world':rolleyes::rolleyes:
I think that list was tim2000s's suggested list for categories, not the one actually in force on the forum.

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Hate the title bar change ..... just hate it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hate the title bar change ..... just hate it.

Mike did you know horses can't see the colour red..? I think the idea is to stop equine logging in & neigh saying on the LC section.