Out of Curiosity thread, an update ?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much for reinstating New Posts - I was beginning to think it was gone forever, so it was a great surprise to find it again. Just to show that we're all different yet again, I hate the way Recent Posts works so it's a relief to have my preferred option available again :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@givenchy, do you have a set of users that you provide access to a test enviroment to do some UAT? That might help with feedback on updates.

Secondly, when an update is planned, would it be possible to provide 24 hours notification that change is coming?

Reactions: 7 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another one here who hates it
It is far too red! It is too much. The older one had black in it to visually dumbing down.
I don't like solid banners. It's just like looking at the morning trashy dailys like the sun, the mail, the sport, the star! It's shocking.

Reactions: 7 people
N

NicolaB70

It is far too red! It is too much. The older one had black in it to visually dumbing down.
I don't like solid banners. It's just like looking at the morning trashy dailys like the sun, the mail, the sport, the star! It's shocking.
Couldn't agree with you more. Now you've said about it looking like the morning trashy daily's, I can see that too now. The red needs toning down, way to bright!

Reactions: 5 people

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not bothered as to what my 'title' is.
Like RRB, I do find the whole look seems to be very bright and brash but I suspect that's my age.

More importantly, how does this forum look for someone who is red/green colour blind? I noticed the green flag at the top is against the red background . Can someone with this problem distinguish it? (don't know, it's a genuine question which could affect 8% of potential male members)

Reactions: 9 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't agree with you more. Now you've said about it looking like the morning trashy daily's, I can see that too now. The red needs toning down, way to bright!

Having had people moaning to me about upgrades in the past, I totally agree that they are necessary and my experience is that within 48 hrs people can barely remember what has changed.

But I have to agree with the red being a bit too in-your-face.
It is like someone shining a red light at me every time I switch page. I will learn to ignore it, but it feels a bit aggressive.

Red may be the colour of blood, but it is also the colour that nature uses to signal DANGER! And we are all instinctively and culturally programmed to react to it in that way.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Horrible isn't it, think we all agree

Definitely, it was mentioned but.............................but Giverny did leave replies to questions, then more questions to that, then more replies....................

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having had people moaning to me about upgrades in the past, I totally agree that they are necessary and my experience is that within 48 hrs people can barely remember what has changed.

But I have to agree with the red being a bit too in-your-face.
It is like someone shining a red light at me every time I switch page. I will learn to ignore it, but it feels a bit aggressive.

Red may be the colour of blood, but it is also the colour that nature uses to signal DANGER! And we are all instinctively and culturally programmed to react to it in that way.

I like the colour red and I'm sure updates are needed in all organisations, positive ones. I did mention the brightness and colour a few times yesterday, because of the connection with diabetes and lots of eye problems for members, it's like a large fluorescent light being shone in the face, not pleasant at all. So not the Spanish inquisition, but the diabetes Inquisition ?;) :rolleyes::wideyed: lol
The smilie logo is smaller too.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I'm not bothered as to what my 'title' is.
Like RRB, I do find the whole look seems to be very bright and brash but I suspect that's my age.

More importantly, how does this forum look for someone who is red/green colour blind? I noticed the green flag at the top is against the red background . Can someone with this problem distinguish it? (don't know, it's a genuine question which could affect 8% of potential male members)

More questions about vision, a good point Phoenix. It is very unpleasant to look at.

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I dislike it too :)................... with a passion ;)
I can live with everything else (in fact I couldn't care less), but this change I cannot.

BAD BAD decision ... and yes, I've done a LOT of website artwork. Shocking choice of colours / contrasts.

It's just put me off visiting

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can live with everything else (in fact I couldn't care less), but this change I cannot.

BAD BAD decision ... and yes, I've done a LOT of website artwork. Shocking choice of colours / contrasts.

It's just put me off visiting

Don't be a stranger Mike :(

N

NicolaB70

Another thing, thankyou for the added forum and post tags but I personally think they would be better and stand out more if they were bold text

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried my best to get used to it, but I think it is awful. Too bright and brash, and it makes my eyes hurt. Together, Red and Green must never be seen (except upon an Irish Queen) Also, the navigation links to "new posts" etc. are barely visible. All in all, dreadful.

Reactions: 9 people

kellsbells

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm...is it really that much of a big deal? Laurence Llewellyn Bowen did not just sneak into your house whilst you were out and 'boudoir' up your living room in garish red! It's just a forum. Surely the colour and layout isn't particularly important so long as the information and support remains strong and valuable...

Reactions: 2 people