Out of Curiosity thread, an update ?

S

Sable_Jan

Thank you @Giverny . Sorry late response from me. Am I missing something about being alerted when tagged, because I never notice when I have been.

As to the colour problem. I guess other people could have difficulty with a different colour. What I am struggling with is the solid blocks of bright red, not just the header, but in the dialogue boxes when someonne has quoted another's post. Perhaps a choice of shades if that is not too sophisticated a request. The previous format was slightly uncomfortable, but this is almost unbearable.

Appreciate this is all time consuming.
Thank you.

I'd suggest a toned down red instead of the current RED... OR maybe even shadowing around the boxes would work? to soften the edges?

S

Sable_Jan

I totally agree, I can't see the alerts!

I had about 20 likes that I didn't know I had!

It's not my fault I'm popular!
I think you can turn the "like" alerts on and off in your user settings...... if that hasn't changed anyhow.....

I think that the tagging is different altogether but I've never noticed when I've been tagged. I did just get a box pop up bottom left to tell me I had a new alert....... so maybe I need to click on it to go to it or go to the alerts at top of page.....

anyhow defo off to bed now, night all

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I totally agree, I can't see the alerts!

I had about 20 likes that I didn't know I had!

It's not my fault I'm popular!

Not worried if not liked. Just seems rude if someone tags me but I don't reply because I was not aware.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd suggest a toned down red instead of the current RED... OR maybe even shadowing around the boxes would work? to soften the edges?

You mean "simply red".. I guess after the budget on all the upgrades...? Money's too tight to mention.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's the red arrows that pop up that are annoying me most
CAROL

Reactions: 2 people

BooJewels

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The arrows actually work a treat for scrolling on my tablet and presumably they've been added for those increasing numbers of viewers on such mobile devices.

They do at least disappear when you're not moving on the page and only pop up for about 3 seconds at a time.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is the popping on and off that is annoying when your eyes are dodgy
CAROL( and I am not shouting) !!

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HELLO CAROL. Long time no see.
Perhaps people could try underlining or italics or bold for emphasis, rather than CAPITALS?

I use capitals all the time, for emphasis. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Anyway I don't seem to be able to work the underlining, italics or bold AT ALL, on my kindle!

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I use capitals all the time, for emphasis. I see nothing wrong with it at all. Anyway I don't seem to be able to work the underlining, italics or bold AT ALL, on my kindle!
I use a Kindle and you can underline easily. When the keybord is showering. Look at the top of the box and you seeB I U press the U before you start typing and it will underline. Hope this helps

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a Kindle and you can underline easily. When the keybord is showering. Look at the top of the box and you seeB I U press the U before you start typing and it will underline. Hope this helps

I couldn't get it to stop underlining once I started, but I'll try again.
Underline, italics, bold.

See what I mean?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
I couldn't get it to stop underlining once I started, but I'll try again.
Underline, italics, bold.

See what I mean?
See what you mean, I did manage to stop it but not sure how, it might have been double taps on the U, just found out my italics don't work, always something:mad:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Still working on addressing the issues highlighted in the thread, and have deleted the bickering from the last few pages. Let's keep this positive and work together to solve the issues.

So far, there's been a few minor fixes and tweaks. I'm currently working on developing a version of the skin that people will be able to switch over to (the current one will still be the default).

Reactions: 9 people

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I too am not receiving many of the tag alerts.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I too am not receiving many of the tag alerts.
Cheers Daisy - I'm trying to sort this out on our test server but it's proving troublesome. Will update you all if I find a fix :)