Out of Curiosity thread, an update ?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
So it would seem the colour red is indeed inciting anger and negative feelings ? :eek:;)
It is nothing against the colour red, it's always been red but with black mixed in as well which toned the brightness of the red down rather than it being dazzling to the eyes.I have major problems with my eyes hmm eye as I am partially sighted (blind in one) and it has made a big difference to me. Also the reduction in size of the smilies is annoying as it takes so much longer to find them, and no I don't propose to stop using them as they are cheering as well as expressive.
How about a switch to a nice, calming blue ? :D;) Oh wait - that's been done elsewhere :rolleyes:

@kellsbells , any deletions or amendments are performed by the moderators, and IMHO , all members are equally important , and all points of view should be heard. I think that if something it causing physical problems, then it should be looked at for their sakes, but for myself, I don't spend that much time looking at it to form an opinion.

Signy

Last edited by a moderator:

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I rest my case ..... It's not sounding nice is it M < that's the M in question that I now know how to edit :confused:

Depends on your perspective I suppose - but then, I'm a Shieid Maiden , and proud of it ;):D:D

Signy

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Edit edit .. That's " Shield" , not " Shieid" or even a " Shed" maiden :rolleyes:

@Giverny , please can we have the post edit button back , before I totally mis type something and cause WW3 ? Thanks ! :D

Signy

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

If it's worth anything ... I HATE being a Veteran! .. I was a legend before the changes ..that was nice ... So do I have to keep opening new profiles then I can at lest be a newbie, that sound much better than veteran ..... Or do I stay being an old fart ..as that's what the word veteran means to me ! :banghead::bag::(
If I hear the word "veteran" I think of old cars or Chelsea Pensioners.... :eek:

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Edit edit .. That's " Shield" , not " Shieid" or even a " Shed" maiden :rolleyes:

@Giverny , please can we have the post edit button back , before I totally mis type something and cause WW3 ? Thanks ! :D

Signy
Found the edit in the tool tab below the post you have needing editing

S

Sable_Jan

And how do I edit my post now ...need to remove a stray M ?
Found it .....hiding in the tool shed !
Mmmm, "tool shed"....Looks like I've a lot to look forward to on the site when I can bear to look at it again.....

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
What about removing Veteran, (does sound very old, thinking of my dear old dad) and using 'Absolutely Fabulos' :D lol

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What about removing Veteran, (does sound very old, thinking of my dear old dad) and using 'Absolutely Fabulos' :D lol

My own problem with that is that I have been compared to Patsy of Ab Fab fame. Once or twice ;)

* Using newly found " Edit" to say that really isn't a good look in Valhalla *

Signy

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Trying to be serious here!:p

Maybe it could be based on ranks in say, the navy, army, air force, cubs, scouts, brownies!

Reactions: 5 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My own problem with that is that I have been compared to Patsy of Ab Fab fame. Once or twice ;)

* Using newly found " Edit" to say that really isn't a good look in Valhalla *

Signy
Where the edit button, I need it now.

Neil

No Need Found it, I think

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

Where the edit button, I need it now.

Neil

No Need Found it, I think
on the Forum proper now, not the App.... I see that the "report" button is now well away from the rest... glad to see this as I've always been afraid of accidentally reporting someone by hitting the wrong button

S

Sable_Jan

Someone mentioned that the "button" showing how many messages were left was black on black? (looks dark grey on mine but that's an aside) if you hover your cursor over it the text changes to white ......

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok folks sorry for the late replies here - busy bee as usual. If I've missed any questions you feel should have been addressed please let me know :)

No problem, glad it's all working again!

We do thoroughly test all forum updates in our own test environment.

No problem, glad that's solved your issue!

We don't currently. In the nicest way possible, due to the nature of the site's audience, I feel that it would be difficult to gain valuable/detailed enough feedback for us to effectively troubleshoot any issues. If there are any tech-heads about that do know their stuff and are interested in helping me develop a group of testers, I'd be more than happy to set up a UAT style system.

I agree with 24-hour notice. In future we'll put out a notice on the forum homepage regarding any planned updates.

Protanopia: http://puu.sh/iaVZJ/8091275633.png
Deuteranopia: http://puu.sh/iaW1x/589b53220d.png

Hey Pipp - I'm so sorry that the redesign has caused you this issue. Scotopic sensitivity syndrome isn't something I'm familiar with, so thank you for the insight. I'm working on a design that's easier on the eyes for those who are either experiencing discomfort due to the bright header, or those who simply don't like it.

This will take a little while to fix as it does involve a fair few elements that'll need changing - but rest assured that it's something we do take seriously, and we'll be adding a colour toggle side-wide. Is it just the header that you find troublesome or are there other aspects of the forum that cause you any discomfort?

Looks like a transparency issue, should have that fixed shortly. Cheers for raising this!

EDIT: The transparency issue should be fixed now.
Thank you @Giverny . Sorry late response from me. Am I missing something about being alerted when tagged, because I never notice when I have been.

As to the colour problem. I guess other people could have difficulty with a different colour. What I am struggling with is the solid blocks of bright red, not just the header, but in the dialogue boxes when someonne has quoted another's post. Perhaps a choice of shades if that is not too sophisticated a request. The previous format was slightly uncomfortable, but this is almost unbearable.

Appreciate this is all time consuming.
Thank you.

Reactions: 3 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you @Giverny . Sorry late response from me. Am I missing something about being alerted when tagged, because I never notice when I have been.

As to the colour problem. I guess other people could have difficulty with a different colour. What I am struggling with is the solid blocks of bright red, not just the header, but in the dialogue boxes when someonne has quoted another's post. Perhaps a choice of shades if that is not too sophisticated a request. The previous format was slightly uncomfortable, but this is almost unbearable.

Appreciate this is all time consuming.
Thank you.
I totally agree, I can't see the alerts!

I had about 20 likes that I didn't know I had!

It's not my fault I'm popular!

Reactions: 4 people